Regional Outage Work Coordinator
At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 150 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Responsible for the development of detailed plans/schedules for all outage corrective and preventative maintenance, surveillance, post maintenance test, and modifications within assigned planned outages at the regional facilities. Responsible for ensuring technical specifications and plant procedures are adhered to. Crosses all organizational boundaries working with all departments and designated managers to solve conflicts, which hinder schedule adherence. Responsible for ensuring station goals are met during their respective outage week. Works with all departments to help develop scope, plans and estimates for outage, non-outage, and forced outage maintenance activities. Identifies and evaluates maintenance trends with Manager and helps develop and implement outage lessons learned.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Prepares work instructions that provide direction to all site work groups and vendor work groups for corrective maintenance, repairs, performance of preventive maintenance, performance of forced outage repairs and the implementation of modifications. Conducts field walkdowns to identify and analyze corrective, preventive maintenance, and modification activities. Defines instructions, procedures, drawings, equipment and materials required to perform planned work packages. Facilitates package preparation.
- Direct and Coordinate the detailed schedule development for the assigned outages.
- Direct the assigned workweek schedule execution ensuring procedure and regulatory compliance while maintaining risk consistent with station procedures, processes and goals.
- Provide direction to all departments, managers, supervisors and project managers for the schedule preparation and execution. (Note: The job includes planning and scheduling. There are no separate people to manage)
- Supports schedule execution to meet the Work Management Process Key Indicators.
- Manage priority emergent work for their assigned outage(s).
- Evaluate scheduling execution performance analysis data and develop a weekly performance analysis report to assist in the development of corrective actions.
- Coach, mentor, and develop other members of the work management organization.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
-Travel is approximately 20%
- BS in engineering or business with 6 years experience OR
- Associates Degree with 8 years experience and 3 years exempt-level experience OR
- H. S. Diploma with 10 years experience and 5 years exempt-level experience
- Minimum 3 years in power plant operations and/or maintenance
- Demonstrated skills utilizing G Microsoft Projects, Passport, Impromptu and various MS office products
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects, establish work priorities and achieve results
- Analytical and problem resolution skills
- Self-motivated, self-starter with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated people skills
- MS or MBA
- PE License
- PMI Certification
- Previous experience with plant modification engineering, design, installation, and testing
- Multi-site experience
- Multi-departmental experience
- Ability to learn/use P3 to assist in schedule development
- Position reports to Regional Manager Operations
- Advisor role
- No direct reports
- Responsible for interdepartmental communication and working relationships to control work scope vs. schedule content. Also, responsible for schedule execution which affects maintenance performance, unit reliability and unavailability, and station goals.
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
EEO is the Law Poster