Principal, Retail Operations - Billing
The Principal, Retail Operations within Retail Operations is responsible for maintaining an advance understanding of the workflow system technology in the assigned business function areas. The individual in this role will maintain an advance understanding of the workflow activity and business process mapping as well as the current industry and regulatory requirements within the assigned teams. The Principal, Retail Operations is the subject matter expert on projects or unique activities with people across the business function areas and provide cross functional communications across the organization. The Principal, Retail Operations will review and evaluate the integrity of internal workflow processes as well as collaborate with other functional teams to provide recommendations for ongoing workflow innovation.
- Maintain an advance understanding of the team's workflow processes and the handling of exceptions.
- Proactively challenge the status quo to automate and improve processes.
- Develop and lead initiatives to improve the reliability and integrity of business processes and workflow systems.
- Effectively communicate with department leadership and other departments to address and resolve business issues.
- Review and evaluate the integrity of internal workflow system controls and the reliability of control procedures.
- Proactively communicate workflow system concerns to avoid or fully remediate issues that cross multiple groups.
- Innovates workflow processes with focus and intent, creating the solutions that matter most for our customers.
- Maintain an advance understanding of business process mapping and workflow activity within own team.
- Collaborate with other functional teams to provide recommendations for ongoing workflow innovation.
- Work with leadership to design and execute personal development plans addressing workflow process knowledge and increasing industry knowledge.
- Provide one-to-one training and workshop training for team members.
- Communicate proactively across multiple groups to avoid or fully remediate issues as it relates to UDC/ISO market rule changes.
- Ensure that all Sarbanes-Oxley ("SOX") Key Controls and other company policies are followed.
- Bachelor's degree in business, engineering, or related discipline
- 5 or more years in equivalent business experience
- Demonstrative technical analysis/consulting skills (3 or more years of technical analysis/consulting experience)
- Ability to effectively and professionally communicate, in oral or written form, with internal and external parties
- Ability to work well under stressful situations
- Ability to make quick and independent decisions earning credibility
- Excellent organizational, time management skills
- Results driven and solution oriented
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance, Management, Management Information Technology or Supply Chain Management
- Prior experience in the retail energy industry and/or regulated energy industry
- Prior experience in using CRM and/or Order-to-Cash workflow systems
- Working knowledge of UDC/ISO market EDI transactions
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Access and/or SQL database query development