At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 150 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
This position is responsible for the efficient and effective operation within an assigned organization, in support of the Companys goals and objectives. Whether in operations, maintenance, Fuels or I&C, the Foreman is expected to ensure that safe, continuous and economical processes and procedures are carried out at all times. Within their duties is the responsibility to adhere to the Companys business and ethical standards and assure compliance with all applicable government and industry regulations and practices.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Direct the work of employees in meeting safety and productivity goals and ensure the team and its members follow all work practices. Ensure that employees perform their duties in a manner consistent with a cognizance of customer awareness and concern.
- Coordinate with, and turnover to, other Foremen and shifts the information they will need to continue safe and reliable operations.
- Ensure that employees perform their duties in a manner consistent with a cognizance of customer awareness and concern.
- Assist in the development of and execution of work schedules and tasks given to assigned employees, and ensure they are completed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Demonstrate troubleshooting and problem solving capabilities when called for by exercising good judgment and decision-making skills. This applies to equipment assets and human assets.
- Communicate in all directions in an efficient manner: with employees assigned, with other Foremen and with management when and as called upon to do so. This includes ensuring the work team is aware of information from management, and that management is aware of the information it needs to make decisions in support of strategies and goals.
- Develop assigned employees such that their skill sets on the job are increased. Coach new and existing employees in processes, procedures and practices. Make recommendations as to performance improvement both to assigned employees and to organizational management. Participate in the Companys formal performance evaluation process of assigned employees.
- Support the Companys core values and exhibit positive leadership behaviors.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Associates Degree in Engineering Technology, Electronics, or related field OR
- HS Diploma with minimum of 18 months of trade or technical training in Power Plant Technology or related field
- At least eight (8) years experience as a Technician in an appropriate area of plant operations, maintenance, fuels or I&C
- Demonstrated leadership skills to include attention to safety (personal and environmental schedules, equipment and its efficient use, and the use of employees to get the job done
- Effective communication skills in all directions
- Ability to plan and organize work through scheduling and making appropriate assignments to best utilize available talent
- Motivational skills that foster individual and team development and accomplishment
- Full understanding and appreciation for procedures, policies, processes and practices
- Ability to use the technology and equipment associated with both the Foreman Position and those positions assigned to the Foreman
- Minimum performance rating of B for the past two years
- No discipline within the last 24 months
- Satisfactory attendance record
- Ability to work in a power plant environment that includes climbing, walking long distances, and standing for the majority of the time
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds
- Position reports to Shift Manager
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
EEO is the Law Poster