Small Mechanical Parts Commodity Site Leader
Lead and control implementation of external direct material sourcing strategy defined by the Global Strategic Sourcing Leaders (GSSL) for Small Mechanical Parts for Power Services. Own & define sourcing strategy for delegated segment of Small Mechanical Parts for Power Services.
- Own & control implementation of external direct material sourcing strategy for assigned commodities for Power Services, maximizing utilization of Strategic Supplier Target Panel & pricing
- Determine & own strategy for Power Services unique products & Suppliers, including best cost country (BCC) source utilization
- Be accountable for savings plan and execution for assigned commodities for Power Services
- Drive strategy & negotiation for strategic YoY Part numbers
- Manage daily Purchase Price Variance (PPV) reviews with Parts Operations Team
- Interface with Parts Operations Team to communicate commodity strategy and collect feedback. Support them in strategic source selection for MTO Parts
- Collaborate with GSSL to finalize global strategy
- Communicate Power Services site specific strategic requirements (kanban, localization, Kitting etc.)
- Roll-up Power Services site specific strategic scope for Global negotiations
- Measure strategic Power Services supplier performance and roll-up inputs to GSSL for Strategic supplier panel
- Ensure global contracts execution compliance
- Initiate and lead strategic qualifications launched by Power Services for assigned commodities
- Plan, prepare and execute Commodity Strategy per Blueprint planning cycles
- Further tasks not involved in this Job Description that the immediate leader/manager assigns with verbally or in writing
- BS/BA Degree (Technical or Business preferred)
- Significant experience in sourcing, finance, manufacturing or operations.
- Previous Mfg/Sourcing and negotiations experience.
- Working knowledge of Parts Oracle Systems, including Data Warehouse.
- Strong skills in MS Office Applications (including MS Access).
- Demonstrated project/program leadership.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Strong business acumen.
- Solid communication skills and presentation skills in English and in Hungarian
- Ability to work in a cross-functional matrix organization.
- Self-starter, resourceful, team builder and a leader.
- Strategic and global thinker.
- GE Entry Level Program graduate(GE employees only).
- MS/MBA degree.
- BB Certification (GE employees only).
- Prior leadership experience.
- Strong negotiator.