Project Coordinator (Facility Services)
As a global leader of Program Management and Construction Management (PMCM) services with projects ranging from $1 million to programs that cost up to $10 billion, we deliver award winning total Design and/or Construction Management projects for public and private sector clients. From the pre-construction phase, through complete erection of the project, to the post-construction and commissioning, we function as an extension of our clients' goals and aspirations. Project sectors and types include: Aviation, Emergency Operations & Data Centers, Healthcare, both Higher Education and K-12, Hospitality & Entertainment, Correctional & Rehabilitation Facilities, and Research & Development Facilities.
Individual is typically responsible for serving as consultant on large programs/projects with discretionary authority for determining implementation, alternatives and carrying out assignments as directed by the Program/Project Manager. Individual will have working knowledge of Facility Management comprising technical, commercial and infrastructure management.
- To create and maintain a functional and flexible property with optimized overheads for the entire life cycle.
- To manage day to day operations for the internal and external clients.
- Scope definition and management.
- Coordination with planning and stakeholders to project meets expectation and requirements.
- Project management capability including work breakdown structure, work definitions, cost, schedule and earned value management.
- Have working knowledge of facilities operations including:
- Procurement and contract Management Works
- Infrastructure/Building Management
- Catering Works/Food Catering Services
- Health and Workplace Safety (office and site)
- Security Issues
- Utilities and communications Infrastructure Management
- Space Management
- Preparing documents to put out tenders for contractors; Project management and supervising and coordinating work of contractors; Investigating availability and suitability of options for new premises; Calculating and comparing costs for required goods or services to achieve maximum value for money; Managing and leading change to ensure minimum disruption to core activities; Directing and planning essential central services such as reception, security, maintenance, mail, cleaning, catering, waste disposal and recycling; Ensuring the facility meets health and safety requirements; Checking that agreed work by staff or contractors has been completed satisfactorily and following up on any deficiencies; Responding appropriately to emergencies or urgent issues as they arise. Logistics planning Have working knowledge of Autocad or the like to prepare coded layouts
- Diploma/Degree in Facility Management/Administrative Support
- 5 years of related work required, 10+ Years preferred
- Good Negotiation Skills
- Strong Professional Contacts at Work
- Strong Communication Skills
- Must be a Team Player
- Understanding of Building Operations
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.