Takes ownership for one or more major client relationships, deriving significant direct consulting business and pull through opportunities for the organization. Is accountable for identifying new lines of business as well as growth in existing lines. Directs and develops a group of consultants. Is active in monitoring and improving work processes and tools. Mentors Senior Consultants. Role includes leading the generation of proposals, execution plans and budgets, and targeted direct consulting. Takes a lead role in Consultancy strategic planning and execution.
- Manages one or more major client and / or partner relationships
- Drives Jacobs' Consultancy business and Jacobs' pull-through opportunities through the organization
- Takes the lead to identify and develop new products to meet changing customer needs
- Uses an understanding of clients' changing business environments to develop new services
- Presents solutions in terms of incremental economic value and competitive advantage to clients
- Participates in resource planning, performance appraisal and recruiting processes
- Uses technical and economic developments to grow services; actively manages and shares this knowledge
- Identifies opportunities to grow, diversify and differentiate Jacobs' product offerings
- Takes ownership for project success: delivery of target quality, cost management and customer satisfaction
- Proactively builds tools and methodologies to drive productivity and growth
- Models safety excellence; proactive in identification of and closure of gaps; measures safety performance
- Effectively communicates (verbal and written) expertise to peers and customers, and facilitates communications across multi-party activities; helps others develop these skills
- Leads efforts to ensure projects are staffed with best available Jacobs and 3rd party resources
- Organizes and leads company meetings with customers
- Leverages and helps develop the diverse backgrounds and skills of people for the attainment of company goals
- Plans and executes projects through teamwork with other departments and with outside organizations
- Identifies gaps in and builds an environment which has readily accessible knowledge and continuous learning
- Has appropriate level of technical knowledge and industry insight to be able to effectively recruit people, staff teams and lead discussions with clients
- Presents technical papers and publishes articles
- Able to translate customer needs and strategies into business strategies
- Develops the technical skills of staff
- Preferred 15 years experience in relevant industry plant planning/supervision with minimum 5 years consulting background.
- Requires BS in technical discipline or business and an advanced degree.