Protection & Control Engineer
Protection & Control Design Engineer
I am working with one of the world's most reputable engineering companies who are expanding their engineering divisions, and looking for experienced Electrical Protection & Control Engineers to support a massive increase of work within energy transmission & distribution sector.
This position will be a long term contract role, with some contractors being kept on for as long as ten years due to the well established reputation of the company, and various progression opportunities.
The main duties will include;
- Producing designs for substation Protection and Control systems from 11kV up to 400kV (Single Line Diagrams, Circuit Diagrams, General Arrangements, Wiring Diagrams, Block Cable Diagrams/Schedules, cable specification/sizing calculations, etc.)
- Producing specifications for substation Protection and Control systems from 11kV up to 400kV
- Working alongside other designers, construction professionals and engineering teams
- Liaising with the Power Systems, Primary and Civil design departments to ensure that all objectives are met and that the best possible design is submitted
- Liaising with external stakeholders, including the end client, other design houses and consultancies as well as other internal departments
Required Skills and Experience;
- Minimum 5 years' experience designing Protection and Control systems up to 400kV
- Good understanding of power industry (particularly UK) including technical standards
- Competent with relevant software: Microsoft Office, AutoCAD, Raster Design, etc.
- Ability to work in a team environment and adhere to budgets and programmes
- Good communication skills
The work will be based in the North London area. Long term contract guaranteed. Rates are negotiable depending on your experience. Immediate start dates.
If you are interested in being put forward for the role, please respond to this advert, alternatively, please send me your most recent CV to my email, or give me a call.
You can also connect with me on LinkedIn.
To find out more about Huxley Engineering, please visit www.huxleyengineering.com
Huxley, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP | Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales