Lead Control & Protection Engineer
Hydrogen has an excellent opportunity with a leading energy consultancy within the Electrical Transmission and Distribution sector.
They are looking for an experienced Lead Control and Protection Engineer for their T&D network across Central Belt Scotland.
The post holder will be responsible for a team of Control and Protection Engineers to deliver detailed engineering solutions for their HV Transmission networks including substations (132kV - 400kV) and other associated networks.
- Preparing both basic and detailed engineering specifications for plant protection systems; network automation, substation control systems and metering.
- Assessing and verifying engineering documentation in compliance with the client's requirements.
- Define main plant and ancillary apparatus requirements for input to System Construction Authorisation (SCA).
- Project Technical Specifications and BETTA documentation.
- Advise on the construction and outage programmes for Control & Protection systems.
- Provide technical support to the Project Delivery teams regarding the design, construction and operation of Control & Protection systems.
- Support the preparation of accurate budgets and assist in the tendering for new design projects.
- Proven experience and expert knowledge in the design of EHV Control and Protection systems.
- Degree in engineering discipline or equivalent.
The organisation can offer long term career development, with exposure to some of the most technically challenging projects in the UK.