Sr. Environmental Chemist - ODCM
At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 150 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Owning and managing the Offsite Dose Calculation Manual (ODCM) program as assigned. It involves managing the environmental ODCM program, maintaining regulatory requirements, writing reports, managing special projects, and participating in the GSEP and duty rotation. This position will routinely function in a mentoring role and utilizes experience to function with minimal oversight.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Implement the REC/REMP Program per the requirements detailed in ODCM.
- Implement and maintain the Meteorological Mentoring Program Control
- Maintain and Control the ODCM
- Assure site compliance to Regulatory Guide 1.109, Calculation of Annual Doses to Man from Routine Releases of Reactor Effluents to ensure compliance of 10CFRFR50, Appendix I
- Implement the quality assurance program per Regulatory Guide 4.15, Quality Assurance for Radiological Monitoring Programs-Effluent Streams and the Environment
- Ensure completion of biennial assessments, audits and/or other methods to assess the effluent program
- Review and incorporate state regulations that could impact the ODCM
- Participate in EP and duty rotations. Subject to call out as required in support of station requirements.
-4 year environmental sciences or related degree and 4 years relevant experience
- Minimum 8 years environmental compliance related experience and 5 years at the exempt level
- 2 year environmental science or related degree and 6 years of environmental regulatory compliance experience with 3 years at the exempt level.
- 3 years as an Environmental Chemist
- Chemist/ CE/ Environmental Degree
- Health Physics Background
- Individual contributor position. Direct, mentor, monitor, communicate and drive performance changes for environmental ODCM programs. Ensures department participation in training and EP. Directs and manages special projects. Participates in the duty rotation.
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
EEO is the Law Poster