Architectural Design Technician 3-Portland, OR
The incumbent has deep knowledge of procedures and technical concepts within own area, and understands regulations and standards for own area. He/she evaluates and resolves problems by reviewing multiple sources of information and drawing conclusions, and assists less experienced team members in using technology. This position completes a variety of non-routine technical assignments independently.
- Has selected a discipline focus and demonstrates ability to apply technical skills to discipline design.
- Accesses and applies the Automation eLearning demonstration videos at the intermediate/advanced level specific to specialized discipline.
- Checks own work, coordinates work with related disciplines.
- Develops proficiency in discipline-specific 3D modeling tools.
- Takes responsibility for their portion of the discipline’s scope, schedule and budget.
- Ability to support work for/in other offices (including Temporary Duty-TDY).
- Works in coordination with PAL to communicate intermediate deadlines and submittal requirements.
- Begins interacting with Design Managers and Discipline Leads for integration of design elements.
- Develops ability to truly status all disciplines’ progress on a project.
- Develops understanding and use of 4-phase process; identifies and communicates deviations.
- Develops awareness of the overall project’s scope, schedule and budget.
- Sets up the project (including instructions) according to best practices in collaboration with a more-senior PAL.
- Can begin to manage the document management system by: creating initial project files; modifying drawing descriptions as necessary; revising individual filenames; deleting or adding files as required; generating reports by list of drawings, description, filename, date, or discipline.
- Displays a good understanding of the techniques of file conversion. Provides file conversion support to project team for typical or simple conversations.
- Coordinates the output of drawings for the project submittals.
- Ability to Quality Check the project’s deliverable files.
- 4 years experience preferred.
- Architectural degree preferred
Ch2M will not sponsor a visa for this position
EEO/M/F/Veteran/Disability. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO Laws