Flood Risk Engineer - TEAM 2100, London,UK
CH2M would like to recruit a Flood Risk Engineer to join our Fixed and Active Assets Team on the Thames Estuary Flood Defence project, (TEAM2100 programme) from our offices in Westminster.
The key objective of the role is to support the Project Manager and Design Manager to help drive solution identification and initial design development on the programme. This is an opportunity to work on the single largest flood risk management programme in the country, reducing flood risk to London and the Thames Estuary for the next 10 years.
TEAM2100 is the Environment Agency’s 10-year programme to refurbish and replace tidal flood defences in London and the Thames estuary. TEAM2100 will carry out the first part of the Environment Agency’s Thames Estuary 2100 Plan, which sets out how to manage tidal flood risk in the Thames estuary throughout the 21st century. TEAM2100 will improve tidal flood defences in London, Kent and Essex from 2015 to 2025.
We are looking for people to join our integrated and energised team with the Environment Agency, our construction partner Balfour Beatty and other specialist contractors.
TEAM2100 will drive a step change in the delivery of flood risk management in the UK and across the world. If you would like to work in a collaborative environment with a diverse range of professionals where your ideas, innovation and individuality are nurtured then this is the ideal next step in your career.
• Undertake and support initial assessments, engineering investigations and inspection of river defences and structures.
• Undertake and support appraisal of strategic options for flood risk management.
• Identify solutions and involvement in design development.
• Working with a team of specialists to develop innovative, sustainable and efficient solutions to programme and budget.
• Actively promote our integrated team working ethic.
• Ability to work independently.
• Have as a minimum a BEng in Civil Engineering.
• Be working toward Chartered Engineer Status.
• Experience and knowledge of river and coastal engineering and flood risk management
This role is only open to applicants able to accept local employment contract conditions and not expatriate employment terms. Please note that this role is only considering applications with valid working rights for the UK, CH2M will not sponsor an employment visa to fill this position.
At CH2M HILL, the greatest challenges provide the biggest rewards. Each day, your drive and creative ideas will be providing solutions that help build a better tomorrow. Whether it is the pride that comes with accomplishment, personal growth or making a difference in the world, you will discover true success in a career that brings out the best in you at CH2M HILL. Ready? Let’s get to work.
Developing People through Challenging Projects CH2M HILL is an Equal Opportunity Employer.