Role: Project Engineer
My client are an innovative technology developer within the Energy from Waste, Recycling and Materials Processing sectors.
Job Description / Responsibilities:
This is an office based technical project engineering role. The position is based predominantly in the UK office in East Midlands but will require an element of travel within the UK and overseas as the projects require.
All applicants must have UK permanent residency.
The main duties for this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Working as a key part of the engineering group to develop and engineer solutions for major projects in the process/ gasification industry.
- Development of process flows, P&ID drawings, line lists.
- Plant equipment specification and selection, piping specification, specification and integration of third party equipment packages.
- Generating and reviewing technical specifications for key components and process equipment packages, tender process and bid analysis.
- Liaising with suppliers, technology providers and partners.
- Reporting to and liaising with the engineering manager to ensure project impetus and deadlines are maintained.
- Attend meetings with clients and contractors
- Implement documentation systems / document control and maintain system documentation / manuals
Education / Experience:
- The candidate will have a minimum of BSc / MSc with at least 5+ years’ experience in a process / mechanical discipline associated with process plant project engineering.
- 10 years min industrial experience from a process industry background- heavy process, gasification, chemical, steel, bulk minerals, waste to energy.
- 5 years (min) experience of technically managing complex engineering projects from conception to completion
- Working knowledge of combustion systems and high temperature applications.
- Broad experience of a wide range of engineering equipment and technology
- CAD skills – able to use AutoCAD to develop plant layout drawings / engineering line diagrams / process flow diagrams.
- Modeling - Smartplant PDS, P&ID not essential but advantageous.
- Experience in HAZID and HAZOP studies
- Be self-motivated and a team player.
- Chartered or working towards Chartered Engineer Status
What's on offer?
- Benefits include health plan and dental coverage.
- Competitive Salary
- Pension scheme – salary sacrifice
- Excellent career prospects with a growing Company
To apply please respond to this advert ASAP and I will be in touch in due course.
Search all jobs like this
- Permanent £50,000 - £59,999 Waste and Recycling Engineering jobs in Derby
- Permanent £50,000 - £59,999 Waste and Recycling Oil and Gas jobs in Derby
- Permanent £50,000 - £59,999 Waste and Recycling Power and Nuclear jobs in Derby
- Permanent £50,000 - £59,999 Waste and Recycling Renewables jobs in Derby