Wind Services Technician
This role will serve as Site Technician at the McLean's Mountain site in Little Current, Ontario.
- Perform warranty repairs, operations and maintenances on wind turbine generators (WTG).
- Evaluate multiple fault records to increase mean time between failures.
- Perform climbs of +280 feet to conduct turbine work.
- Conduct turbine work to include troubleshoot and repair of failures, operate control systems, perform annual or semi-annual maintenances or collect data. Electronic troubleshooting includes using/understanding wire and block diagram schematics.
- Follow up and audit maintenance and troubleshooting activities to ensure work performed to satisfaction.
- Maintain all computer generated service records and time sheets using Oracle software.
- Conduct Lock-out-Tag-out on mechanical, hydraulic and/or electrical systems.
- Technical diploma in a discipline from an accredited institution.
- At least 2 years' experience in an electrical/mechanical service industry, commercial or residential, preferably in power generation.
- Wind turbine or rotating equipment experience.
- Hands-on and/or commissioning experience.
- You MUST possess a valid driver's license and be able to travel in the USA.
- You MUST possess an acceptable driving record.
- You MUST possess the ability to climb steel towers up to 280 feet.
- You MUST submit your application for employment through gecareers.com to be considered.
- You MUST be 18 years or older.
- You MUST be willing to submit to a background investigation and fit test as part of the selection process.