The Buyer is responsible for defined work or projects with moderate complexity. In this role you will follow an individual work plan, meet day-to-day short-term objectives, and resolve issues through immediate action or short-term planning.
- Implementation of sourcing tactics under management or more senior sourcing colleagues' guidance.
- Effective communication with suppliers, as well as GE team (e.g. Project Managers, Project Engineers, Sourcing manger, e.g.) to ensure On-time and Quality supplier Delivery;
- Timely converting Purchase Requisitions into Purchase Orders in SAP;
- Collect order acknowledgements;
- Report purchase order progressing to management, implement recovery plans if needed;
- Support Quality team in monitoring inspections dates and collecting vendor documentation
- Expediting Suppliers to respect delivery plan and inspection programs when requested;
- Perform supplier on site expediting visits;
- Apply lessons learned and improvement ideas.
- Collect Vendor documentation and manuals;
- Monitoring project inspection programs.
- Support supplier quality compliance audit and qualifications;
- Support supplier monitoring and yearly assessments;
Work closely with Quality to:
- Bachelor's degree;
- Strong interpersonal skills, effective communication with suppliers and internal customers;
- Must work well in a fast paced environment (pressure resilient);
- Must work well in a global and cross functional team environment;
- Fluency in English (Spoken & Written);
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Excellent PC skills (MS project, Excel, Word, Powerpoint);
- Quick issue tracker;
- Third European language (Italian, Russian, Spanish, French)
- Good understanding of suppliers' manufacturing and construction schedules;
- Good negotiation skills;
- Knowledge of the sourcing field;
- Experience in SAP system.