Instrumentation - Sensors Strategic Sourcing Leader
Define Global external direct material sourcing strategy for Instrumentation Sensors for Power Services, Gas Power Systems and Steam Power Systems businesses under GE Power.
- Define global commodity segment through product family mapping
- Identify supplier capabilities for product families
- Define Global strategy & target supplier panel to maximize cost out
- Conduct competitive bidding/Auctions for strategic supplier panel
- Leverage cross-functional resources to maximize should cost based negotiations
- Negotiate long term agreements for strategic supplier panel
- Initiate and lead strategic qualifications
- Define existing and new supply base capabilities to maximize cost out/savings and service level on fulfilment, quality
- Own strategic supplier relationship
- Work with regional strategic sourcing teams to identify BCC/localization opportunities
- Leverage cross-GE business commodity strategies
- Define & secure global savings projects
- Communicate strategy and hand over negotiated savings projects to site commodity & operations teams for execution
- Be accountable for savings plan and execution for assigned commodities for Power Services
- Drive strategy & negotiation for strategic YoY Part numbers
- Manage daily Purchase Price Variance (PPV) reviews with Parts Operations Team
- Interface with Parts Operations Team to communicate commodity strategy and collect feedback. Support them in strategic source selection for MTO Parts
- Plan, prepare and execute Commodity Strategy per Blueprint planning cycles
- Further tasks not involved in this Job Description that the immediate leader/manager assigns with verbally or in writing.
- BS/BA Degree (Technical or Business preferred)
- Significant experience in strategic sourcing
- Previous Mfg/Sourcing and negotiations experience.
- Working knowledge of Parts ERP Systems, including Business Intelligence tools (Data Warehouse, PowerSource).
- Strong skills in MS Office Applications (including MS Access).
- Demonstrated project/program leadership.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Strong business acumen.
- Solid communication skills and presentation skills in English and in Hungarian
- Ability to work in a cross-functional matrix organization.
- Self-starter, resourceful, team builder and a leader.
- Strategic and global thinker.
- GE Entry Level Program graduate(GE employees only).
- MS/MBA degree.
- BB Certification (GE employees only).
- Prior leadership experience.
- Strong sourcing experience.
- Strong negotiator.