Electrical Project Engineer
The Electrical Requistion Engineer have engineering responsibility for project-specific design and execution of container projects for the GE Reciprocating Engines business. Providing project documentation and engineering support for Jenbacher HQ. Work closely together with GSCM teams as primary interface for engineering on technical issues with manufacturing, sourcing, project management, HQ Engineering, field installation, and end customer.
- Engineering support as primary interface for engineering on technical issues with manufacturing, sourcing, project management, HQ Engineering, field installation, and end customer
- Provide project leadership and engineering support in the execution of new unit container packages for the GE Reciprocating Engines business - this includes ownership of project-specific bills of materials, drawings and related internal and external customer documents
- Detailed design of components for our Cogeneration Units, and Generator systems for our gas engines
- Ownership for Engineering on International Customers
- Provide timely communications on significant issues or developments
- Modify CAD (Eplan) drawings to implement the test check-list and measures, and provide it to field installation, and customer
- Provide technical support to manufacturing, sourcing.
- Develop and modify existing standard CAD drawings to reflect customer-specific project requirements
- Execute the design, analysis, or evaluation of assigned projects using engineering principles, business standards, practices, procedures, and product / program requirements
- Provide general technical support to all GE Reciprocating Engines Project teams during OTR and ITO phase and order execution
- Assure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures
- Establish and execute Project Quality controls, hold points and reporting
- Deliver process improvements
- Active participation on mandatory EHS trainings and events.
- Follow EHS rules and warn others to follow the rules.
- Immediately report the incidents and near misses to the direct reports and EHS dept.
- Immediately shut down the operation when realized life or serious injury risk present.
- Further tasks not involved in this Job Description that the immediate leader/manager assigns with verbally or in writing.
- Degree in Electrical, Electronic, or Telecommunications Engineering
- Functional /operational knowledge of power plants and gas engines equipments
- Able to work with engineering applications: Eplan, Oracle, SmarTeam, Automation Studio
- Willingness to work in a dynamic, performance-oriented environment
- Energetic, customer-focused with good communication and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated project management skills including -
- Good communications skills in English (German is an Advantage)
- Energetic, customer-focused, excellent communication.
- Strong understanding of GE gas engines and packages
- Good communications skills in German
- Manufacturing and testing experience
- Working knowledge of industry codes and standards
- Computer proficiency (MS Office tools and Control SW development tools)
- Experience with Control systems and/or PLCs is an advantage
- Ability and willingness to travel when required