Fac & Equip Tech-Bge
At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 150 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Manages, diagnoses, repairs and maintains complex commercial and industrial air conditioning and heating, plumbing, electrical and fire protection equipment and building structural systems which are supplied by a number of different manufacturers encompassing many different technologies.
- Troubleshoots, repairs and maintains technically complex, redundant and mission critical electrical systems up to and including 600V 3 Phase.
- Troubleshoots, repairs and maintains low pressure natural gas systems supplied by a variety of manufacturers using a variety of technologies.
- Works with acids, vapors and liquids in systems at pressures up to 1, 500 psig.
- Through independent judgment, ensures the safe and reliable operation of these systems at mission critical facilities such as the various Corporate Data Centers, the Electric Operations Building, the Candler Trading Floor, the Corporate Headquarters, and the Owings Mills Facilities to ensure 100% reliability and availability of same.
- Replaces failed building systems and/or components as required.
- Maintains proficiency in the operation and utilization of the computerized Building Management Control System (BMCS).
- Operates and maintains a large variety of technically complex life safety systems including proprietary alarms, sprinkler systems, gaseous fire suppression systems at general office, operational and mission critical facilities.
- Formulates preventive maintenance programs and performs same based on manufacturers recommendations, equipment performance and repair history.
- Independently plans, manages and coordinates contractors work for compliance with specifications, schedules and safety processes and to authorize payments to contractor.
- Prepares labor and cost estimates on repairs and installation of equipment.
- Participates with engineers and supervision to recommend, design, plan and change/improve/install/replace existing and new building systems and equipment.
- Develops and assures compliance with Corporate, State, and Federal environmental plans and practices.
- May perform other job related duties as assigned.
- Participates in mandatory on-call schedule and may be required to report to any company location on a 24/7 basis.
- Immediately exercises independent judgment and actions to solve problems which may compromise the integrity of the building systems and to ensure 100% availability of the critical facilities.
- Is included in the severe storm roster and may be expected to perform a variety of duties in that capacity.
- Note: Subject to overtime, weekend work, shift work, and call-in as required.
- Must be able to understand and diagnose complex building electrical systems by demonstrating a thorough knowledge of the National Electrical Code and electricity.
- A thorough understanding of the application of the National Fuel Gas Code.
Demonstrated ability to interpret technical manuals, building system drawings and specifications.
- Demonstrated ability to diagnose malfunctions and make repairs to commercial heating, ventilation, and air conditioning equipment and other building systems.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret technical manuals, building system drawings and specifications.
- Ability to instruct others, communicate effectively in written and verbally communications, and able to use corporate computer systems and programs.
- Ability to make independent judgments.
- Satisfactory completion of the Construction and Skilled Trades Test Battery (CAST).
- Ability to meet Company driving standards, including a valid drivers license.
Over four years work experience in facilities related maintenance work including equipment repair and equivalent, or "General Certification of Engineering" from National Association of Power Engineers or equivalent certification with formal education and experience.
Must have "Universal" certification in an EPA approved refrigerant transition and recovery program.
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
EEO is the Law Poster