ELECTRICAL DESIGN LEADER – COMMISSIONING SUPPORT – Nuclear New Build
For one of our clients we are currently searching for an Electrical Design Leader to join their team on European Nuclear New Build project in Central Europe. This is a 1 year job opportunity, with the possibility for extension.
• Interface between commissioning and engineering department on electrical issues
• Interface between Cable Task Force and engineering department on cable related issues.
• Coordination of assigned electrical specialist dedicated to commissioning support activities.
• Monitoring of electrical issues impacting commissioning activities and resolution by means of assigned resources and cooperation with electrical discipline
• Supervision of the detailed design documentation in the pre turnover phase:
o Functional and Technical Reports;
o Power and Functional schemes
o Wiring and Interconnecting diagrams;
o One-line diagram;
o Electrical Protections setting reports;
o Electrical and Equipment Layouts;
o Cable routing;
o Lighting, grounding;
• Ensuring that design documentation in the turnover package is final by the schedule date, planning and monitoring engineering activities the match the turover deadline.
• Technical troubleshooting during commissioning, including proposal and design of solutions, and coordination of contractors and external designers to minimize impact on commissioning activities.
• Preparation of Engineering Field Dispositions in cooperation with Site Technical Office and main electrical department.
• The electrical design leader reports to the Head of Commissioning Technical Office, belonging to Engineering organization.
• At least 15 years relevant experience in the Electrical detailed design of a power plants complex project;
• At least 5 years as coordinator and Project Electrical Leader.
• Proven site experience in commissioning support activities.
• Past experiences in “Nuclear Plant Design” will be considered a plus; VVER plant design knowledge will be preferred;
• Ability to manage and interact with multinational teams.
• Proactive and characterized by problem solving attitude;
• Decision maker.
• Good knowledge of English;
• Good communication skills;
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Thomas Thor Associates is a recruitment and consulting organisation dedicated to the nuclear industry. We recruit for roles in nuclear new build, operations, decommissioning, research and waste management and our clients include nuclear regulators, operators, engineering companies and research organisations