Lab Assistant Station Support
At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 150 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
- Support position with emphasis on activities such as shipping/receiving, packaging, general maintenance, pick up and delivery services and providing support services to Technical Services and Calibration sections.
(is the primary work area in the lab or general office environment?)
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Physical receipt and initial processing of work items from customers, utilizing in-house proprietary software
- Packing equipment in accordance with ANSI N45. 2. 2, preparing related shipping paperwork and inputting data into the shipping database.
- Distribution of work products, equipment and parts among lab entities
- Pick up and deliver equipment from/to customers using company vehicle
- Provide assistance to walk in customers
- Pulling instrumentation from the warehouse, restocking consumables, maintaining the work area and other similar tasks
- Valid drivers license, access to an insured vehicle, good reading and oral communication skills, computer literate, able to lift 70 pounds, ability to work overtime and shift work when required
- Capable of obtaining/maintaining unescorted access to nuclear plants via in-house training and testing
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications
- Working knowledge of basic hand tools
- This entry position requires learning and executing the processes used at PowerLabs to receive and distribute equipment to be worked on by technicians, then package and ship the equipment back to the client. This position requires a willing learner who works well within a team framework. This employee will learn and implement the work management system and program that facilitates their individual jobs.
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
EEO is the Law Poster