Principal Civil Engineer - Rail
Principal Civil Engineer – Rail
Key Skills: Civil engineering, rail
Salary / Package: To be discussed with candidate
Timeframe: Role has full sign off and budget
Recruitment Partner: Airswift Account Manager: Karren Mounsey
The position & experience required
Our client a tunnelling specialist is currently recruiting for a chartered Principal Civil Engineer with a design and build background in rail structures, who is capable of running projects and client liaison.
- Leading a team of engineers and technicians
- Detailed design and analysis of new and existing structures in brick, concrete and steel.
- Project management from feasibility to detailed design, including all technical, programme and cost monitoring
- Control and monitoring of progress against programmes
- Ensuring that design, assessments and checking of designs are in accordance with the current Standards, Codes of Practice and Best Practice
- Approval of designs, assessments and calculations in accordance with quality procedures
- Preparation of risk assessments and full compliance with CDM
- Coordination of work undertaken by external sub-contractors and design checkers
- Client management
- Mentoring junior engineers and developing their technical skills
Knowledge, skills and experience required:
- Must be a chartered engineer preferably with MICE or MIStructE
- Must have design and build experience within the rail industry
- Be familiar with UK standards and equivalent Eurocodes
- Sound understanding of CDM Regulations, specifically the designers requirements
- Sound understanding of the requirements regarding the risk assessment process
- Must have excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
The next step
We have an exceptional team in place, and we are pleased to be able to appoint a further person to our growing business. We are aware that you may not ‘tick all the boxes’, but if you believe you can genuinely offer some valuable skills and experience to our business, please in the first instance contact our recruitment partner Airswift, and the account manager Karren Mounsey.