Project Manager - West, Tideway Tunnel Project, London, UK
CH2M would like to recruit a Project Manager to work on the West section of the Thames Tideway Tunnel Project in London.
This role will be based on the West section of the project and will be working on Dormay Street.
There will be heavy focus on heavy civils including shafts, piling and the tunnel connection as well as project management. Prior to this there is the finalising of design, consents and 3rd party interfacing before construction in early 2017.
• Develop a tailored application of systems, process and tools suitable for management and supervision of designated main works contractor.
• Test and ensure their readiness for use prior to site mobilisation.
• Work in cooperation with other Delivery Area and project team members in developing systems, processes and tools.
• Identify and support the development of processes and procedures required within the Programme Integrated Management System (PIMS).
• Secure agreement of any processes, procedures and associated features required which are common to other Area Delivery teams.
• Assist and work with Construction Manager to ensure that Thames Tunnel’s HSSE/CDM, quality, financial, risk management, business and policy expectations are met throughout the main works activities.
• Develop change requests in accordance with project procedures.
• Provide audit and oversight to ensure Contractor budget, schedule and quality commitments are met for the relevant sections of the West Area.
• Take responsibility for work progress and technical performance of sections of the West Area as required.
• Support, review and challenge design development including valuation and constructability reviews of Contractor proposals in the relevant section of the West Area.
• Develop and manage relationships with critical stakeholders in the relevant section of the West Area.
• Been responsible for delivering elements of multi-million pound construction projects involving tunnelling and/or wastewater water infrastructure (preferably in London) or major civil projects in built up areas.
• Significant experience of setting up and implementing project management processes for complex engineering and construction projects.
• Experience of leading multiple design and construction elements of projects.
• Familiar with the NEC 3 form of contract.
Skills and competencies:
• Ability to organise and lead a project team and facilitate decision making on complex issues among multiple parties.
• Proven organisational skills
• Ability to lead and manage performance of team members
Education and qualifications:
• BSc or MSc in Engineering, Construction Management or technical field.
• Member of relevant professional body.
This role is only open to applicants able to accept local employment contract conditions and not expatriate employment terms. Please note that this role is only considering applications with valid working rights for the UK, CH2M will not sponsor an employment visa to fill this position.
At CH2M, the greatest challenges provide the biggest rewards. Each day, your drive and creative ideas will be providing solutions that help build a better tomorrow. Whether it is the pride that comes with accomplishment, personal growth or making a difference in the world, you will discover true success in a career that brings out the best in you at CH2M. Ready? Let’s get to work.
Developing People through Challenging Projects. CH2M is an Equal Opportunity Employer.