Sr Business Analyst (Vendor Management)
At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 150 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Role is considered to be the Career Level. Conduct vendor management of nine (9) collection agencies. Review scorecards, prepare Performance Indicator decks, provide benchmarking data to senior leadership. Perform detailed analysis and prepare comprehensive reports to support business operations. Conduct complex modeling, forecasting, trending, variance analysis, business case development, and other general financial and operational analysis. Monitor and coordinate activities to manage operational performance (e.g., safety, reliability, service level, productivity, etc.). Research and provide statistical financial and operational information. Track, maintain, analyze and provide current information on the operations business scorecard or key performance indicators (KPIs). Develop, organize and present performance reports for both internal and external use. Develop and conduct short-term and long-range business planning. May develop, implement, evaluate or lead projects or initiatives (e.g., business plan or process improvement initiatives). Provide broad analytical and operational support to the business unit.
Position may be required to work extended hours, including 24 x 7 coverage during storms or other energy delivery emergencies.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
1. Vendor Management - Conduct monthly agency performance reviews with nine (9) current collection agencies.
2. Prepare financial comparisons between all OpCos. Compile and distribute internal Collection Agency Monthly Management Review for senior leadership.
3. Develop and conduct short-term and long-range business planning. Conduct complex modeling, forecasting, trending, variance analysis, business case development, and other financial and operational analysis (e.g., operational effectiveness, budget, resource, workload, workforce and capacity utilization, competitor, etc.).
4. Monitor and coordinate activities to manage operational performance (e.g., safety, reliability, service level, productivity, etc.) and make recommendations for improvement.
5. Track, maintain, analyze and provide current information on the operations business scorecard or key performance indicators (KPIs).
6. Prepare and analyze comprehensive and detailed reports.
7. Develop, organize and present detailed performance reports for both internal and external use.
8. May develop, implement, evaluate or lead projects or initiatives (e.g., business plan or process improvement initiatives).
9. Provide broad analytical and operational support to the business unit.
Bachelor's degree AND 5 - 8 years related business experience, or in lieu of Bachelor's degree, a minimum of 9 - 12 years internal utility company experience (e.g., ComEd, PECO), or equivalent external experience is required.
In-depth knowledge of Excel, Performance Indicators (PI) and scorecards. Customer related regulatory policies and processes, advanced understanding of applicable systems and technology (e.g., customer information system, WFMs, macros, etc.).
Comprehensive knowledge of justified complaints, SIR prioritization, PUC reporting.
Ability to perform financial forecasting, expense accrual and monthly LEs.
In depth knowledge of PassPort, including Contract Requisitions and management of contract status/funding with Supply.
Advanced proficiency in standard software applications (e.g., Excel, Microsoft Word, Access, PowerPoint, Project), specialized business technologies and applications (e.g., DebtNext, workforce management, project management, PassPort, Brio, CIS, EPS, Business Objects, SAP planning, business modeling, forecasting, voice response unit, automatic call distributors, work management, outage management) to retrieve and analyze data in support of business needs.
Ability to provide in-depth analysis and apply managerial accounting concepts, customer intelligence gathering, forecasting, staff planning, scheduling, analytical and statistical problem solving, financial, accounting, business and budget analysis.
Demonstrated strong analytical skills for project evaluation including analysis of complex projects with economic, financial, risk and decision analysis. Proficient in business case development and ability to effectively present business cases to business unit leadership.
Customer driven with good oral and written communications skills and strong analytical, problem solving and project management
Comprehensive knowledge of the practices, procedures and principles of performance analysis (trending, root cause and gap analysis) benchmarking and audit compliance. Ability to analyze organizational data and complex problems, interpret and recommend alternative courses of action, and implement intervention strategies to attain performance targets.
MBA or relevant advanced degree (e.g., Finance, Accounting, Economics).
Familiarity with DebtNext software.
Familiarity with SOC reports and audits.
Familiarity with Enterprise Risk.
Comprehensive understanding of PUC regulations and policies, specifically PUC •231 report and PUC •55.5 report.
- This is an individual contributor position that works independently with only general direction, relying on knowledge skills and judgment acquired through education and relevant experience to plan and accomplish assigned tasks and goals. ; The position regularly mentors less experienced colleagues.
- Position requires routine interaction with key internal and external stakeholders, executives, directors, managers and staff across the organization.
- May require working extended hours and/or shift work to support business operations.
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
EEO is the Law Poster