Head of Technical - Solar
BWP are representing a leading investor, developer and operator of Solar power plants internationally. With a global asset portfolio the organisation has been present in Australia since 2010 and has existing utility scale projects in operation with a healthy pipeline to deliver in the next 12 months and beyond.
We are looking for a Head of Technical to be responsible for all technical components in the delivery of multiple PV plants from project award through to handover to the asset management team. Playing a key role in the formation, negotiation and management of EPC and O&M contracts.
Key Roles & Responsibilities Include
- lead, coordinate and supervise the Australian technical department
- management and delivery of FRV current and future projects under construction
- formation of future construction contracts and successful delivery of the associated projects
- provide technical input into project grid connection agreements;
- assisting the development department with their technical activities in relation to development of a pipeline of projects within the region
These responsibilities will be managed throughout the project lifecycle with technical responsibility during pre construction, construction management and post construction into operations handover.
Key profile requirements and experience:
Bachelor degree in Engineering (Construction, Electrical, or Mechanical)
Project management qualification (PMI or equivalent) (preferred)
Recent energy projects construction in a supervisory capacity
Negotiation of EPC contracts and O&M contracts
Knowledge of Project Finance
Solar PV project delivery experience 15MW+
Ability and motivation to work, live and relocate to Sydney Australia
International PV experience