Senior Pavement Engineer - Doha, Qatar
2 days left
- Full Time
CH2M – Senior Pavement Engineer/Specialist – Doha, Qatar
CH2M is looking for a Sr. Pavement Engineer/Specialist to join one of our Expressway projects in Qatar. This is an opportunity to provide specialist pavement expertise to work on a project, which is part of world’s largest Roads & Infrastructure program. The successful candidate will work as an integrated member of the Construction Supervision team and lead all interaction with the client’s QAQC Pavement Consultant.
The Doha Expressways Projects are a programme of 28 highway projects within Qatar that have been divided into 9 Groups. CH2M have been awarded Group 1 projects which comprises of 4 major highway schemes, each having a value of around QR2bn. Three of the schemes are in the design or construction stages.
This is for the role of a site based Senior Pavement Engineer for one of our Doha expressway project.
Focal point and leading all interactions with QAQC Pavement Consultant to enhance the level of QAQC of client's Road program
Review of Method Statements & ITP submitted by the Contractor for various pavement layers production and construction.
Review of mix design for Aggregate road base, CBM, asphalt pavement layers including using Polymer Modified Bitumen (PMB), laboratory trial and plant trial reports.
Inspection and approval of site laying trial for pavement layers before incorporation in the permanent works.
· Obtain schedule of daily/weekly/3 month look ahead from the Contractor, review and inform to the QAQC Pavement consultant and all concerned.
· Review NCRs issued by client’s independent Pavement consultant and provide technical guidance to the Contractor to submit the Corrective Action Plan and Corrective Action Summary for review of QAQC Pavement consultant and close out.
· Monitor and assess the CAP and CAS.
· Audit of pavement material production facilities including hot mix plant, aggregate road base plant, crushing plants and laying site equipment.
· Assist QAQC Pavement consultant during their regular audit process of pavement layers on construction practices, materials, plants and supervision.
· Close monitoring and on-site supervision of construction works including technical advice and assistance to the Contractor and working group to ensure required quality, strength and smoothness of finished pavement layers.
· Provide inputs to the monthly/weekly/QAQC reports & plan.
· Review and provide inputs to the prequalification documents of suppliers/subcontractors for pavement works.
· To allocate tasks to the members of the pavement team.
· Issue observation and non-compliance (NCR's) with regard to the pavement works not in compliance with the contract documents.
· Review the performance of the Contractor with regard to the quality and program of pavement layers and report to SRE.
· Review designs, reports, specification and other contract documents for pavement works.
· Ensure project quality system is implemented to all pavement works.
· Provide inputs on changes/variation/claims related to pavement layer, if any.
· Inspection of finished pavement works and assist in preparation of snag list/completion of works/maintenance schedule for maintenance period.
· Provide professional and technical excellence in all pavement engineering aspects of the project.
Expert of all aspects of pavement construction including asphalt plant, pavers and all pavement construction activities.
Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering
Minimum 5 years of Chartered Engineer or Professional Engineer (PE) registration or other similar qualification.
Minimum 15 years post graduate experience in design, site supervision and construction management of road pavement in major highway projects.
Good communication skills
Must be a team player with ability to coach others and share knowledge.
At CH2M, we’re always hard at work laying the foundation for human progress. This is especially true in our MENAI region, where our long history of delivering successful projects in the Transportation sector. Our success in the region is due to the top talent that has joined our team, and in 2015, we were selected as one of LinkedIn’s Top 50 Most InDemand Employers in MENA. This award, based on actual behavioural data of professionals as they engage with companies and explore their career path on LinkedIn, shows that our future teammates are drawn to our projects and values – not the least of which is our commitment to safety, which plays a leading role in how we engage with one another, our projects and our planet.
Join us today and learn how we turn challenges into opportunities.