Intermediate level position under supervision from the Lead Cost Engineer. Performs routine aspects of assigned projects under close supervision, following established procedures. Becomes familiar with techniques, procedures, methods and the nature of the applicable engineering system.
- Familiar with the Operating Procedures for Project Controls
- Input or update information, expenditure information, commitments and forecasts into the cost reporting system(s)
- Review of expenditure details, identifying incorrect charges, and commencement of the charge correction process
- Preparation of spreadsheets and a wide variety of routine cost analysis, cash flow, and other cost related evaluations
- Assist in earned value input and some analysis based on input from project leads
- Print and distribute technical and administrative reports, assembly of monthly report packages
- 5 years of Cost Engineering / Project Controls experience is required
- Some familiarity with the Operating Procedures for Project Controls is required
- Knowledge and understanding of the scope of work for projects is required (Civil Buildings Project exp)
- Strong communication skills is required
- Strong Computer operating skills - MS Office tools, Excel.
- BA or BS is preferred
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.