The Boiler Manager will be responsible for overseeing all erection activities and assist the Site manager in order to run the site in the most efficient and safe manner possible.
- Oversee and be responsible for all erection activities at the power station
- Control man hours allowed for erection, ensure all budgets are met or improved
- Ensure high standards of safety and quality are adhered to.
- Assist the Site Manager in running the site in a safe manner and within budget and on time.
- Day to day liaison with the client of maters of construction programme and safety.
- Must report all deviations from the scope of work timously in writing to the Project director.
- Be in control of the complete construction work force ensuring the day to day activities are carried out in an agreeable fashion thus avoiding industrial action and break down of relations.
- Team player
- Be proactive
- Have sound judgment
- Logical, accurate and precise
- Honest and open personality
- Must have at least 15 to 20 years experience in the Boiler erection field. Another advantage would be to have previous experience working on the construction of a Coal Fired Power Project.
- Must have a good understanding of scheduling and a good understanding of the CMP Methods.
- A good all round understanding of the various erection and welding methods employed in the industry in South Africa and abroad.
- Have a good understanding of management requirements.
- A management diploma or degree from a reputable institution.
- Have a back ground in the construction engineering field.