Sr Contracts Negotiator
I'm currently in need of a Sr Contracts Negotiator for a large Oil and Gas company located in Houston, TX.
This will be an initial 6 month contract with the opportunity to extend or go on permanently with the company.
Please see the description below:
- 5+ years of contract negotiations experience with an Oil and Gas company
- 5+ years negotiating international contracts (Mediterranean, Europe/UK preferred)
- Juris Doctor degree
- Ability to read, analyze and understand contracts
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Detail oriented with ability to organize and prioritize work
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Proficient computer skills, including MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Access and Adobe Knowledge of FileNET and Oracle Contracts' Module preferred
- Knowledge of contracts for Major Projects preferred.
- Knowledge of indemnity structures.
- Knowledge of Texas and U.K. law preferred.
- Strong general business and contract writing experience.
- Experience negotiating terms and conditions, and incentives for contracts with the ability to anticipate, identify, and resolve complex contractual issues.
- Conducts research to provide input towards more complex solutions/alternatives to meet internal customer requirements.
- Technical background a plus.
- Supports Company's international businesses operations, particularly Major Projects.
- Possesses expert knowledge of Oil & Gas Industry and possesses specialized knowledge in order to deliver complex contracting requirements to the business.
- Provides and directs complex contractual advice to business team members.
- Directs and leads negotiations with complex contracts.
- Drafts and negotiates oil and gas legal instruments for exploration and production operations and purchasing activities.
- Provides a variety of compliance and administrative services related to international contracting.
- Stays abreast of international/domestic laws, political environments, cultures and regulations. Supports the business' strategic contractual requirements.
- Coordinates with various departments in the Company, including but not limited to, Legal, Compliance, Trade, Risk Management, Tax, Finance, Accounting, Treasury, EHSR, Major Projects, Drilling, Engineering, and Procurement, to ensure that all contracts represent the Company's financial and risk profile tolerances.
- Analyzes contracts, laws and regulations that govern or impact oil and gas exploration, development, production and transportation activities in foreign countries to ensure that businesses incorporate these insights into contracts and contracting strategies.
- Prepares, reviews, analyzes, modifies, negotiates, executes, and administers supply chain/procurement related contracts (e.g., Confidentiality Agreements; service agreements, including but not limited, to Master Service Agreement, Consulting Agreement, Flight Services Agreement; Preliminary Design and FEED agreements; geophysical agreements; seismic agreements; fabrication agreements; transportation agreements; and equipment lease agreements).
- Facilitates contract compliance by ensuring proper communication of requirements.
- Provides general contractual advice to business team members.
- Acts as Contracts' lead on Major Projects and initiatives.
- Assists in review of bid packages, as requested by Major Projects and Procurement, for internal consistency among various attached documents.
- Keeps current on regulations, political risk factors and industry changes that may impact the Company.
- Trains employees in contract management in foreign locations.
- Provides guidance to Supply Chain staff regarding contractual matters.
- Assists in the formulation, development and revision of Company policies and procedures relating to contracts.
- Assists in the formulation, development and revision of Company's standard Supply Chain documents and templates
- Exhibits a customer service focus that enables internal customers to succeed in a manner that meets the company's risk profile and protects its interest.
If qualified and interested please apply. I can also be reached at 832.900.5935.