Shift Team Leader (Waste to Energy)
We are looking to recruit a Shift Team Leader for a Waste to Energy Plant in the Midlands.
You will be responsible for the safe & efficient operation of the Energy Recovery facility managing a shift team and day operations staff. Initially working on day shifts you will be required to work rotating shift patterns that include weekends and Bank Holidays and reporting to the Operations & Maintenance Manager.
Duties / Responsibilities will include:
• Operate & monitor plant from the SCADA system, operate plant & equipment as required by the operational demands of the Waste to Energy (W2E) facility.
• Supervise and deploy manpower to ensure cost effective, safe and efficient operation of all activities on site.
• Provide technical supervision and assistance where necessary for Company and contract staff engaged in work at the W2E Facility.
• Provide effective training and monitoring of shift staff to ensure personnel are competent to undertake their duties.
• Liaise with other Company staff as required to provide efficient work scheduling and planning to ensure minimum turnaround times during plant outages.
• To be aware of and work within the Company Safety, Health, Environment and Quality (SHEQ) Systems and ensure compliance with all aspects of the site Environmental Policies.
• To ensure continuous operation of the W2E facility.
• Assist and advise with plant improvements and modifications.
Knowledge / Qualifications :
• An experienced Engineer / Technician ideally having completed a recognised Engineering Apprenticeship / Training.
• HNC / ONC or equivalent qualification in a relevant engineering discipline
• IOSH or similar Health & Safety qualification
• Knowledge of Environmental Compliance and Regulatory requirements
• Experience of running a Permit to Work System
• Strong knowledge of Safe Systems of Work
• Broad experience gained through shift working in a continuous process industry, preferably in a Waste to Energy environment or Engineering.
• Ability to lead an operations shift team to ensure adherence with procedures and effective utilisation of staff.
• Ability to work a 12-hour shift rota including bank holidays and weekends.
• Management or supervisory experience preferred.
Salary £35 - £40k depending on experience.