Wind Farm Commissioning Engineer
Hydrogen is currently working with a leading Engineering contractor within the Scottish Transmission & Distribution sector based in Glasgow.
Due to our client securing a breadth of long term projects, they have a requirement for a Commissioning Engineer to join their team on a contract basis.
You will be working with a professional commissioning team to deliver leading HV/MV projects in areas such as the installation of Wind Generation, Substations, DNO planning and framework, and other associated networks.
Project will be based throughout Scotland, with switchgear experience at 33kv and 11kv being required.
The company have secured projects into 2017, so there will be scope for long term Contract work.
The post holder will be able to deliver projects safely on time and within budget.
- Experience in Electrical Commissioning in the Transmission and Distribution industry (33kV+)
- Secondary injection testing experience would also be beneficial.
- Experience of MCC (motor control cabinets), testing switchgear and PLC's.
- Worked on Signal testing for PLC's and also digital inputs and outputs.
- Experience in the design and commissioning of primary and secondary plant systems.
- Rectification of faults, fault investigation and diagnostics at various voltages.
- Good understanding of electrical schematic drawings and wire diagrams.
- BSc or modern apprenticeship in electrical/engineering industry.
- Computer literacy and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
The organisation can offer long term career development, with exposure to some of the most technically challenging projects in the industry.
The initial contract will be a minimum of 3 months with a view to extend.