Business Manager - ERCOT Merchant Wind
Position is an integral part of the financial and commercial team managing NextEra's Merchant Wind assets in ERCOT (Texas). The ERCOT Merchant Wind portfolio consists of 15 wind sites across Texas totaling 2.4 GW of generating capacity.
Position is responsible for the overall management of multiple wind assets. Responsibilities include profit and loss accountability, budgeting and forecasting, assuring compliance with operational & financing agreements and regulatory requirements, and maintaining close working relationship with a broad range of stakeholders.
With the mandate to maximize P&L profitability, the candidate will be required to identify opportunities and analyze their financial implications. The candidate will be required to participate in the formulation and execution of hedge and trading strategies and maintain a close working relationship with wind site operational leaders to monitor and optimize site performance.
Additional responsibilities include assisting with value-added projects such as mergers and acquisitions, asset optimization, restructurings and building relationships with customers, landowners, and state and local regulators.
Travel is expected to be 10% or less of time.
- Five or more years of relevant finance, accounting, project management, or engineering experience; previous P&L experience preferred
- Experience in deregulated power markets; knowledge of ERCOT market preferred
- Excellent Excel skills required; must have solid understanding of DCF methodology and analysis and possess ability to model cash flows to arrive at present value-based investment decisions
- Excellent communication skills and ability to effectively convey information to managers, clients, and customers
- Self-motivated, hands-on style and the ability to drive results by translating plans into actions; ability to quickly establish priorities and meet accelerated timelines
- Proactive with strong organizational skills
- Previous experience in wind industry is a plus
- Bachelors in Business, Finance, Accounting, Engineering or related field; MBA/MS and/or CPA are highly preferred
- CFA designation or candidate in CFA program highly preferred
Bachelor's Degree:Required;Experience:5 years;