General Counsel (Executive)
Development, management and negotiation of all contracts and legal documentation entered into by the Group, in particular those related to charters, procurement, leasing and joint ventures with vendors, partners and customers:
• Ensure efficient and effective contract management, coordinating with relevant business units to ensure that all legal and contractual obligations and deliverables are monitored and complied with.
• Develop precedent bank to be used across the Group setting out best practices for contracts and legal documentations.
• Supervising the Group’s compliance with all applicable laws and regulations across multiple jurisdictions, including taking ownership of the Group’s Code of Business Conduct, and maintain integrity and reputation of the Group in all business transactions:
• Maintain register of all applicable laws and regulations across multiple jurisdictions affecting the Group’s business, and ensure regular tracking of Group’s compliance with such laws and regulations.
• Ensure proper due diligence performed on country risks and contract counter-parties, and report key findings to Board and Management, including recommendations on addressing such risks.
• Develop and recommend best practices to be adopted by the Group on business conduct and ethics, and ensure regular monitoring of the same.
Education and Business Background
• Law Degree with minimum 20 years of experience as a legal advisor in a corporation or a law firm.
• Familiarity with Foreign Corrupt Practice Act (“FCPA”) and anti-corruption laws.
• Experience in leading and managing a team.
• Strong knowledge of oil/gas/maritime industry trends and regulatory changes.
• Strong legal background from a corporate, commercial and regulatory perspective.
• Strong skills in managing legal services in high-profile situations with multiple stakeholders
• Strong knowledge in risk management process
• Must be able to show a very high degree of maturity in managing internal and external stakeholders and handling multi-billion dollar transactions.