Draughtsman opportunity - AutoCAD - Entry-level position
A very well-established manufacturer of high-quality products with a strong customer reputation is seeking a Draughtsman to join their Product Development team at their HQ in Woking. Despite having a highly successful existing line of products they are constantly looking forward to the future developments of technology within the industry and anticipating customer demand.
This Draughtsman role would give you responsibility for the review and analysis of customer requirements to prepare and produce mechanical drawings for company products to enable them to be quoted, ordered and manufactured. This will involve
- Working closely with product development and specification engineers to understand products to be drawn
- Attend design review meetings to help establish best solution
- Work with the other members of the CAD team to ensure all documentation and drawings are produced and stored in line with company policy and ISO9001:2008
- Producing mechanical drawings as required, both general purpose drawings for customer review & approval, and detailed engineering drawings to support manufacturing.
- Working closely with manufacturing to understand manufacturing processes, routings and work instructions required to support manufacturing.
- Maintaining & updating the group ERP system. This involves setting up and/or maintaining product data on the ERP, including bills of material, manufacturing routings and manufacturing work instructions.
- Preparing Engineering Change note documents for introduction of changes, including production of manufacturing drawings to support Engineering Change Notes
Experience with 2D AutoCAD would be highly beneficial. Otherwise a HND/HNC/Apprenticeship in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or similar would be desirable.
This position would provide a starting salary up to £25,000 plus a company-matched pension and generous holiday allowance.
If you would be interested in this opportunity then please apply or call Seth on 0117 9388 088