Product Development Manager -Management experience not required
A very well-established manufacturer of high-quality products with a strong customer reputation is seeking a Product Development Manager to join their team at their HQ in Woking. Despite having a highly successful existing line of products they are constantly looking forward to the future developments of technology within the industry and anticipating customer demand.
This Product Development Manager role would give you leadership and line management responsibility for a small product development team and also a member of Quality staff. You would be given the freedom to refresh the product development approach and processes. The successful Product Development Manager will also project manage new product development work, including monitoring delivery to plan and ensuring proactive management of blockers & issues. The duties would also include driving continuous improvement of product development processes and providing support for following up on quality issues.
- Able to demonstrate a proven experience of leadership and an ability to drive change
- Mechanical engineering knowledge; both through appropriate qualifications (ONC, City & Guilds, NVQ as a minimum) and through extensive hands on experience
- Product design & specification; skill & experience of initial product specification & drawings suitable for provision for costing and detailed mechanical drawings
- Materials knowledge & metal finishing experience; the products are comprised of a variety of metals (e.g. aluminium, brass, stainless steel) and which are finished using a variety of techniques (e.g. anodizing, powder coating)
- Any knowledge relating to British/EU electrical standards or experience with electrical installation would be highly beneficial
This position would provide a salary of £40,000 - £45,000 depending upon experience, plus a company-matched pension and 25 days holiday allowance. There may be some flexibility on salary for the ideal candidate.
If you would be interested in this opportunity then please apply or call Seth on 0117 9388 088