Manager of Credit Risk - Power
In this role for NextEra Energy Resources, you will be responsible for the leadership and development of a team of counterparty credit professionals that are accountable for the credit and liquidity risk management of a dynamic portfolio of counterparts engaged in the North American wholesale energy markets. You will be a key leader in the NextEra credit risk management team and contribute to the strategic direction and risk management of the business.
The Manager of Credit Risk develops and delivers objective, reliable and timely risk management oversight on behalf of the Director of Credit Risk over a complex portfolio of credit, liquidity and contingents risks. One of the primary goals of this role is to identify, analyze and mitigate current and emerging risks from this portfolio. The portfolio includes utility scale & distributed generation PPAs as well as hedging and trading agreements with wholesale energy market customers.
- Enable market access and fundamental credit underwriting for the hedging, trading, sales, origination and asset development teams of NextEra Energy Resources in the North American wholesale energy markets.
- Provide operational support to shape, recommend and set risk tolerance in accordance with NextEra's policies while identifying, monitoring and mitigating credit, liquidity and contingent risks associated with counterparts in a range of industry verticals.
- Build strong partnerships with the commercial and legal teams to create and negotiate robust contractual / collateral structures that mitigate risks to NextEra Energy Resources.
- Enable the team to deliver clear and timely management updates and recommendations regarding emerging risks in the portfolio.
- Develop a platform for derisking counterparty credit risk in NextEra's wholesale portfolio.
- L eads, coaches and delivers training support to develop her / his team members.
- Creates partnerships with other parts of the organization to strengthen the quality assurance of risk systems, models, reports and other IT tools as well as leveraging big-data to facilitate timely portfolio surveillance.
- Bachelor's degree required
- Master's degree and CFA or CPA certification preferred
- 7 years' of relevant industry experience required; 2 years' of Supervisory experience required
- Extensive experience analyzing high risk counterparts in the global wholesale energy markets.
- Demonstrable knowledge and competency in developing complex contract / collateral structures.
- Has partnered with internal teams to deliver top class energy credit risk IT systems.
- Can demonstrate increasing levels of supervisory responsibility with strong people management skills
High School Grad / GED:Required;Bachelor's Degree:Required;Experience:5 years;