Principal Credit Analyst - Power Risk
In this role for NextEra Energy Resources, you will be responsible for supporting the Manager of Credit Risk that is accountable for the credit and liquidity risk management of a dynamic portfolio of counterparts engaged in the North American wholesale energy markets. You will be a key subject matter expert in the NextEra credit risk management team and contribute to the mitigation of emerging risks in the portfolio.
The Principal Credit Analyst develops reliable and timely risk management solutions for a complex portfolio of credit, liquidity and contingents risks related primarily to power commodity exposures. One of the primary goals of this role is to identify, analyze and mitigate current and emerging risks from this portfolio.
- Delivers robust fundamental credit risk analysis assessments of counterparts in a range of industry verticals including generating shadow ratings using best-in-class credit rating models.
- Proposes sensible credit limits for transactions with counterparts.
- Portfolio risk management of a large portfolio of counterparts including exposure analysis, annual reviews, limit management, portfolio surveillance and derisking solutions.
- Partnering with the commercial teams to negotiate transaction structures as well as master agreements (e.g. Utility Scale PPAs and DG PPAs, ISDAs / NAESBs / CSAs).
- Collaborates with the commercial teams to develop credit risk mitigation options to support business development.
- Can act as a multiplier by supporting and coaching more junior members of the team.
- Bachelor's degree in finance, business administration, economics or related field; Master's Degree preferred.
- This position requires an individual with a minimum of six years' relevant credit risk analytics experience. 10 years' experience desired.
- Must have strong interpersonal, organizational and presentation capabilities
- Fundamental counterparty credit/financial analysis
- Wholesale energy credit management
- Commodity trading experience
- Wholesale energy transaction documentation negotiation
Bachelor's Degree:Without Rating;Experience:6 years;