IT Business Solutions Group Manager-Finance Innovation & Automation Lead
NextEra Energy a $ 17 billion Fortune 200 company, with approximately 46,400 MW of generating capacity, is one of the largest electric power companies in North America with electric generation facilities located in 27 states in the U.S. and 4 provinces in Canada, and employing approximately 14,300 people. NextEra Energy provides retail and wholesale electric services to more than 5.3 million customers and owns generation, transmission and distribution facilities to support its services, as well as has investments in gas infrastructure assets. NextEra Energy Resources is the largest generator in North America of renewable energy from the wind and sun based on MWh produced. The Information Management SAP Enterprise and Corporate Applications organization leverages technology to innovate and automate business processes enterprise wide for finance, supply chain, and human resources as well as for corporate business units. The IM Enterprise Finance group serves as a key business unit partner to all finance organizations at NextEra Energy. We leverage information technology to provide innovative financial solutions that meet the business needs. We develop, enhance and support financial enterprise applications.
KEY POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
Identify new trends, solutions in our existing portfolio of applications or in new applications in the enterprise finance area.
Proactively champion new innovative financial solutions to the business.
Innovate and automate Finance business processes and operations.
Strategic advisor and consultant to the business.
Partner with business executives on identifying improvement opportunities.
Develop and maintain business capabilities/solutions roadmap.
Manage realization of benefits.
Report to Enterprise Finance director and work across all SAP enterprise teams to maintain end to end process integrity and efficiencies.
Candidates applying for this position must demonstrate a high level of proficiency in the following areas:
- Working with department business partners, such as directors and vice presidents, across the finance organization and NextEra Energy on opportunities to innovate the finance function and to drive process efficiencies
- Collaborating with business stakeholders and sponsors on defining and maintaining the Finance roadmap to identify future capabilities, process improvements, automation opportunities, enabling technologies and tools.
- Providing consultation to the business that brings a strategic mindset, understands in depth all finance processes and operations across the utility and non-regulated affiliates, leads with innovative ideas and creative thinking and has an eye for solution simplicity as well as user experience.
- Architecting business solutions for accounts payable, billing, record-to-report, asset management, planning and forecasting, business analytics, managerial reporting and legal consolidation. End-to-end integration with other business processes like procure-to-pay, work and asset management, Tax and HR is required to maximize overall process performance
- Working with business sponsors to develop business cases that meet the above referenced roadmap items and strategic initiatives
- Working with the Enterprise Finance teams on the realization of the business cases and initiatives by leading the effort to develop high level solution designs and/or prototypes to better understand function and features, determine implementation approach and IT estimates
- Working with IT vendors to identify innovative new tends and application solutions in the finance area
- Assist business partners in identifying and quantifying savings potentials and benefits.
- Partners with the business, managing the prioritization of enhancement requests and projects across all Finance stakeholders. Prioritization is based on benefits, business impact and available funds and resource capacity across Business and IT
- Ensure that initiatives are properly resourced for successful implementation that aligns scope, requirements and assumptions
- 15 - 20 years overall professional experience with a minimum of 10 - 15 years of consulting experience as a senior manager working for system integrators like PWC, EY, Deloitte or Accenture. Fortune 500 experience in system integration, business transformation, ERP implementations (SAP preferred), process consulting and finance business solutions
- Experience with utility or power generation companies is a plus, however more important is the experience with large enterprises in the context of fast growing portfolio companies and finance shared services
- Experience with delivering business solutions in the context of finance shared services transformation projects and subsequent sustainment
- Bachelors and or Master's degree in Computer Science or MBA
- CPA and Six Sigma Belt certification is a plus
- Candidate has a strategic mindset and consulting experience with transforming the finance function, implementing innovation, driving business efficiencies and continuous improvement
- Strong and deep business acumen in Finance business processes and operations (planning & forecasting, financial close, general ledger, accounts payable, billing, regulatory accounting, fixed assets/property accounting, controlling and management reporting)
- Experienced in architecting and developing business solutions using SAP ECC Finance, Business Warehouse, Business Objects, SAP Business Planning & Consolidations
- Successful track record of leading projects and teams with diverse staff (business, IT and consulting). Experienced with budgeting and controlling project performance
- Experienced in setting strategic direction and developing capability roadmaps
- Dynamic leader results driven and has a passion for excellence. Collaborates with all stakeholders, has excellent communication skills and executive presence
- Knowledge and experience with leading edge technologies and tools to drive automation and process efficiencies in the finance function
Responsible for project budget including budget estimation, forecast updates and budget to actuals tracking.
High School Grad / GED:Required;Bachelors Degree or Equivalent Work Exp:Required;Experience:8 years;Supervisor/Management Experience:2 years;