Roll Shop Engineer
Summary on Airswift:
Airswift is an international workforce solutions provider within the energy, process and infrastructure industries. Airswift serves as a strategic partner to our clients, offering a turnkey workforce solution to capture and deliver the top talent needed to complete successful projects by aligning with the unique needs of our clients. With over 800 employees and 6,000 contractors operating in over 50 countries, our geographical reach and pool of talent available is unmatched in the industry and the level of experience, exposure and expertise that the organization has is unparalleled.
Our client is seeking a Roll Shop Engineer to work within their facilities located in Saudi Arabia.
Brief summary on the location/client: Most technically advanced Aluminium Rolling Mill in the Middle East.
Responsible to ensure the efficiency and effectiveness of all improvement aspects within their area of responsibility.
- Adhere to EHS rules & regulations and ensure SWI and SOPs are followed.
- Manages projects and practices to optimize roll performance in improving gauge control and surface finish quality in hot and cold rolling applications.
- Conduct studies and trials of grinding and texturing practices to achieve desired finish on the processed aluminum sheets
- Analyze roll damages and provide recommendation for prevention of premature roll failures.
- Training of maintenance and operating personnel in best practices for grinding and use of mill rolls and bearings
- Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineer. WESTERN EDUCATED preferred.
- Minimum 5-10 years' relevant experience in mill roll applications, grinding, metallurgy and dimensional control.
- Experience in mill roll applications, grinding, metallurgy and dimensional control, State of the art roll and bearing technology and Lubrication experience is beneficial.
- Must demonstrate the ability to work alone, or in a team environment. Must be self-motivated.