Lead Analyst IT - Enterprise Projects Team
At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 150 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Fills a Lead Analyst role on the Enterprise Projects Team. The Enterprise Projects Team is responsible for managing and delivering medium and large scale IT application projects that impact the Exelon Enterprise. Projects are complex and often on tight delivery schedules. The projects often involve managing across multiple business stakeholders, vendors, and other IT project teams. The Lead Analyst role will involve managing a component piece of a large scale project or managing the entire effort of a medium scale project. This role requires demonstrated project management skills and experience. Some travel likely required.
The position manages activities relating to planning, designing, building and implementing high quality solutions, products and processes. Creates and assigns detailed tasks to subordinates. Has budget responsibility for a small project, sub- project or process component.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Perform, manage and appropriately document work activities relating to projects, sub- projects, or processes. Plan, design, and build high quality IT software solutions in accordance with IT project management standards and and in accordance with service level agreements. Assist others in planning and prioritizing work and work schedule
- Assist in creation of documentation for products and services. Use best practices to improve products and services provided to business unit partners, and monitor adherence within Team/Group to standards as defined within the Management Model
- May coordinate or manage all aspects of a small project or sub- component of a large project. Set deadlines, assign responsibilities, and monitor project progress
- Create and maintain project schedules and handle coordination of project or sub- team meetings
- Prepare reports for upper management regarding project status
- Must have strong email skills and ability to coordinate immediate work needs across dispersed team members thru email
- Maintain and enhance engagement with business and IT partners and other stakeholders
- Establish positive team environment by proactively assisting and training less experienced personnel. Provide performance and development feedback as required
- Maintain technical knowledge and business acumen within own discipline or function
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline and typically 5 to 8 years relevant experience with IT enterprise wide systems support and/or projects
- Appropriate technical skills
- Familiarity with major ERP systems (Peoplesoft, EPM, Asset Suite/PassPort, SAP)
- SOA (service oriented architecture) or Cloud technology
- Oracle SQL
- Microsoft Office applications, including intermediate to advanced Excel and Power Point
- Microsoft Project or other project scheduling software
- Strong knowledge of business practices and processes in (add specifics here).any of the following areas is a plus: Supply, Accounts Payable, Finance, HR, Legal
- Experience leading projects or sub- teams and knowledge of IT project management
- PMP Certification is highly preferred
- Strong problem solving and analysis ability
- Excellent communications and presentation skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to work with remote project teams
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
EEO is the Law Poster