Sr Operations Analyst
At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 150 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
Join our Constellation team and become part of Exelon's competitive retail and wholesale energy business.
Constellation is headquartered in Baltimore, with regional offices in Chicago, Houston, Kennett Square, Louisville, New York, and Omaha.
We develop energy management strategies that help customers buy, manage and consume energy.
Our retail unit is among the largest and most comprehensive in the industry with approximately 1 million residential customers that rely on our commitment to innovation, dependability, transparency, and service.
Our wholesale business serves utilities, municipalities and co-ops and features world-class risk management and energy trading capabilities.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
The successful candidate will be part of an embedded risk team focusing on assessing the performance and measuring the risk within Exelon Generations Company's commodity business. Constellation, the company's wholesale and retail power marketing and trading organization, is responsible for optimizing the profitability of a growing portfolio of assets and load obligations.
The primary function for this position will be to ensure the accurate and timely trade capture, settlement and financial & risk reporting of Commercial commodity transactions, with emphasis on Independent System Operators (ISOs), Regional Transmission Owners (RTOs), commodity exchanges (NYMEX, ICE) and specialized fuels related activities. Wholesale Operations is responsible for trade validation, modeling, cash settlement and the daily validation of the risk system aimed at providing proper credit, risk and financial reporting.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
1. Daily trade verification and position settlement with trading counterparties, including discrepancy tracking and resolution.
2. Coordinate with legal the timely review of all contracts and trade confirmations associated with trading and origination activity, including all long-form contracts, E-confirm, ISDA and EEI agreements for all commodities.
3. Accurate and timely reconciliation and invoicing for all commodity transactions, including ISO, RTO, Commodity Exchange and specialized fuels settlements.
4. Develop an understanding of, and actively participate in, the development of hedging strategies, portfolio management, market valuations, risk analysis and report preparation for required management reporting.
5. Daily trade, generation, inventory and load scheduling verification and position settlement with trading counterparties, including discrepancy tracking and resolution, to ensure accurate Profit & Loss analysis and reporting of Commercial financial performance.
6. Maintain documentation providing evidence of performing required monthly activities for monthly close and annual audit compliance activities.
7. Validate and reconcile all energy commodity transaction data for regional owned and contracted units used in the accurate external reporting to government agencies, ISO, and Power Marketing Groups.
8. Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable forecasting, cash reconciliation and exception reporting.
9. Provide support for other Wholesale Operations, Risk and Commercial trading activities in support of the monthly financial close process
-Undergraduate degree in Accounting, Finance, or other business related field.
-Minimum 1 year of experience in a business related position
-Strong organizational, written and verbal communication skills.
-Strong math and analytical skills.
-Ability to develop spreadsheet applications and learn other specialized software products
-Demonstrated ability to identify and implement process improvement opportunities.
-Ability to work closely with peers in a teamwork environment.
-Advanced degree or certification (i. e. MBA, CPA, CFA,), or pursuit thereof.
-Prior industry experience preferred.
-Demonstrated knowledge of wholesale energy products and/or metering, as well as, ISO, RTO or Exchange settlement activities.
-Experience in internal/external financial reporting.
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor