Manager Extrnl Financial Reptg
At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 150 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
Join our Exelon Business Services Company (BSC) to be part of a diverse and inclusive team that provides best-in-class professional services and adds exceptional value to Exelon
s family of companies. We provide financial, human resource, legal, information technology, supply management, communications, and corporate governance services.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Provide supervisory oversight and support to various reporting functions within a Business Unit or functional area of responsibility. Ensure production of accurate and timely external reports, including SEC filings (Form 10-K, Form 10-Q, Form 8-K, etc. ) and non-SEC filings (FERC Form 1, FERC Form 3Q, filings related to financing activities, etc. ). Lead and guide staff accountants within Business Unit or functional area of responsibility. Work closely and liaise throughout the Business Unit, Controller's Group, and the broader Finance community regarding reporting activities. Interpret and apply appropriate accounting and reporting guidance, including FASB/GAAP and SEC. Identify process improvements and ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley control requirements. Act as liaison with external auditors to ensure timely sign off of reporting matters.
- Supervise key aspects of the SEC and FERC reporting process, including drafting disclosures, processing changes, ensuring accuracy and consistency throughout the document, maintaining quarterly list of disclosure items and coordinating with the printer.
- Interact with Business Units, Controller's Group, Investor Relations, Treasury, internal and external legal counsel, and the internal and external auditors to accomplish goals and ensure efficiency and effectiveness of information exchange.
- Research and appropriately apply new accounting pronouncements; benchmark SEC filings from other companies.
- Complete key financial and disclosure controls to ensure a strong control environment.
- Assist as appropriate in the supervision of staff accountants, including the review of information prepared to ensure completion of tie-out binders, checklists, etc.
- Prepare data request responses and answer ad-hoc requests for internal and external customers. Assist and support applicable merger integration and other miscellaneous projects.
- Duties may require supervising accounting staff and participating in their annual goal setting and performance reviews.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or equivalent and a CPA
- At least 8 years of related experience, including 0-3 years in management with demonstrated success leading a professional staff
- Demonstrated technical knowledge and understanding of Accounting theory, principles, practices and regulations including FASB/GAAP, SEC and SOX compliance
- Understands requirements for documentation in work papers, disclosures and memos; demonstrated ability to document a broad range of technical issues
- Demonstrated success identifying and implementing best practices within his/her area of responsibility
- Demonstrated successful use of technology to improve process efficiency
- Demonstrated focus on customer service (examples include working with clients to develop a partnership and encourage open communication)
- Effective teambuilding and leaderships skills
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Commitment to highest standards of quality and integrity
- Exudes a high degree of professionalism and treats others with respect
- MBA with a concentration in Accounting or Finance
- Public accounting experience
- Regulatory/utility/FERC reporting or energy industry experience
- Supervise day-to-day SEC and FERC reporting processes, including drafting disclosures, processing changes, ensuring accuracy and consistency throughout the document, maintaining quarterly list of disclosure items and coordinating with the printer.
- Proactively notify Manager or Director of any accounting/reporting issues or concerns.
- Work closely with other departments and Business Units regarding reporting activities.
- Supervise and provide review and approval of a variety of reporting assignments.
- Interface with leadership positions within Finance, Legal and Secretary
s Office. Team oriented interface with comparable roles.
- Work with various parties, both within the Controller
s Group as well as other areas of the company, to accomplish goals, resolve issues and enhance and improve processes. Contact with others requires tact and persuasiveness.
- Supervise assigned staff including development, staffing, performance assessment, work review, etc. Day to day supervisory responsibilities are limited but, depending on size and accounting complexity of assigned entity, may provide lead direction to staff assigned to specific project or work group. Work leadership is generally administrative in nature and typically involves functional direction to others assigned to assist on an occasional to moderate basis.
- Position, at times, may require overtime, weekend work and limited travel.
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor