Senior Process Engineer
- Full Time
- Lead responsibility for the technical direction a team of Process Engineers in a project environment.
- May be required to work independently as a Technical Specialist.
- Participate in development of projects from conception through detailed design and including, in some cases, commissioning and startup assistance in the field.
- Participates or leads design efforts including establishing process design basis, development of process options, and optimization of selected designs.
- Material and energy balances of processes and unit operations.
- Engineering calculations such as; pump and line hydraulics, drying, relief devices, etc.
- Development of process flow diagrams (PFDs) and piping and instrumentation diagrams (P&IDs) including instrumentation and control considerations.
- Development and support of general arrangement(GAs) layouts
- Development of detailed estimates with support of project estimator.
- Process Equipment Specification development including preparation of Vendor bid packages.
- Participates in project cost and schedule planning.
- Effective communication with project team and Client.
- May be required to participate in Business Development activities
- BS or MS in Pulp and Paper, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related science or technology
- PE Desirable but not required
- 10 - 15 years required in the Pulp and Paper Industry.
- Experience in Pulp and Paper Operations is required.
- Paper and/or Tissue Machine Experience is a plus.
- Pulping Experience is a plus.
- Advanced MS Office Skills (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) preferred.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the USA for any employer other than your current employer.