Lead Estimator - Melborne, FL
Jacobs Engineering Inc. is one of the world?s largest and most diverse providers of technical, professional and construction services.
We are led by core values : people are our greatest asset, we are a relationship based company and growth is imperative.
Our culture of care with our core values form a solid foundation upon which our business is built.
Jacobs currently employs 66.000 people in 250 offices across 30 countries.
Lead Estimator with experience with all disciplines/trades working in support of a large Facilities Construction Program located in Melbourne, FL.
The primary responsibilities of the role include but not limited to:
• Providing estimating support to guide and assist with the development of scope and plans related to the Design/Build Program.
• Coordinating scope for multiple facilities in a campus environment to facilitate accurate and timely costing.
• Managing construction costs and change throughout the Program life cycle.
• Integrating with the Procurement/Design/CM team to develop trade contractors' scopes of work, evaluate proposals and on-board contractors.
Other responsibilities include:
• Integrates with home office estimating teams to develop accurate and timely cost reports
• Analyzes specifications including sketches, blueprints, bills of material or sample layouts, and calculates costs using labor and material pricing schedules and historical data
• Computes cost estimates of raw materials or subcontracted work and labor
• Prepares cost reports and presents findings to management, contract personnel, proposal coordinators, customer representatives, price auditors, vendors, and subcontractors
• Represents organization as a prime contact, interacting with senior internal and external personnel on significant matters
• Contributes to development of new techniques and standards; considered an expert in organization
• Conducts briefings and participates in technical meetings related to specific operations
• 15+ years of experience is required
• BS or BA is preferred
• Excellent communication and organization skills a must
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you?ll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.