The Buildings & Infrastructure (B&I) Line of Business is a global network of approximately 11,500 employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client's local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
Reporting directly to the Construction Manger this position provides direction to General Contractor regarding quality, safety, and general day to day operations. This is a site based position and is the first line of contact with craft labor on the project site.
We are currently seeking an exceptionally motivated Superintendent to support NY City Housing Authority Hurricane Sandy Recovery project. This individual will oversee and inspect mechanical, electrical and plumbing trades on the city construction and repair projects.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Oversee boiler and mechanical work, primarily repairs.
- Prepare comprehensive daily reports indicating observations of work performed each day.
- Assist Project Manager in evaluating change order proposals.
- Review design progress submissions for constructability and conformance to the contract requirements.
- Review contractor submittals for compliance with submission requirements and client needs.
- Ability to effectively communicate and work collaboratively with Client and Contractor/Subcontractors in assuring work conforms with contract and proactively resolving problems is required.
- Assist general and mechanical inspectors in inspection of civil and other general works.
- HS Diploma, or equivalent, required
- Minimum of 4 years working as Owner Representative, Superintendent and/or Construction Manager on New York projects required
- Experience with low pressure steam boilers, condensate systems, and control systems required
- Ability to get around to various sites remotely located throughout NYC required
- Must have good communication skills and collaborative approach working with both Client and construction contractor/subcontractors
- Must be able to do daily reports on line and be comfortable with computer technology
- Experience with overseeing low-bid contractors working on public work preferred
- Advanced education preferred
- Additional consideration will be given to Section 3 (NYCHA resident)
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.