Project Manager - Process Safety and SIS Modernization
This position performs all project management responsibilities for Refining and Chemicals projects, including originating, start-up and management of projects in the Engineering Construction industry. Specifically projects that have major components of process safety management, DCS and SIS modernization, facility siting, process functional safety and mechanical integrity. The Project Manager is responsible for the full performance of every phase of a major project or group of smaller projects. The individual is responsible for planning, directing, supervising and controlling all technical, fiscal and administrative functions of contractual activities.
- The candidate will be responsible for the total execution and management of Engineering, Procurement and Construction process industry projects including administration of the project, schedule and budgetary performance, quality, safety and technical detail.
- The candidate will need to have applicable knowledge of process safety management and DCS/SIS systems in order to define and manage project scopes.
- The candidate will need to have applicable experience with PHA and LOPA reviews to develop a project design basis.
- The project manager will have a proven track record working successfully and promoting team work within a multiple discipline engineering team.
- Candidate will be placed in the position of presenting themselves and company to the client in a professional manner.
- Candidate will be responsible for presentations prior to contract award, contract negotiations and ongoing project meetings/problem resolution sessions.
- Will handle the full performance of every phase of a major project or a group of smaller projects.
- Develop and maintain client relationships to promote repeat business and/or expand the scope of services provided
- Work closely with sales and senior operations management to develop sales strategies supporting continuous growth
- Candidate will work under a Program Manager or Manager of Projects.
- BS from an ABET accredited university or college in an engineering discipline is required
- A minimum of 10 years total , 3 years project management experience and experience in the field of Instrument and Controls (I&C) preferred
- Experience in total project responsibility, including client relationships, engineering, construction, cost/schedule is required
- Professional registration is preferred (i.e. PE, PMP)
- Experience using Earned Value Management to track, report and control project costs
- Experience managing or working in an with systems engineering and design (DCS, SIS, PLC) preferred
- Experience managing or working with process safety management activities such as PHA and LOPA preferred
- Experience managing or working with DCS and SIS modernization projects, preferred
- Experience managing or working with facility siting projects, preferred
- Experience managing or working with mechanical integrity projects preferred
- Must be legally authorized to work in the USA for any employer other than your current employer