As a global leader of Program Management and Construction Management (PMCM) services with projects ranging from $1 million to programs that cost up to $10 billion, we deliver award winning total Design and/or Construction Management projects for public and private sector clients. From the pre-construction phase, through complete erection of the project, to the post-construction and commissioning, we function as an extension of our clients' goals and aspirations. Project sectors and types include: Aviation, Emergency Operations & Data Centers, Healthcare, both Higher Education and K-12, Hospitality & Entertainment, Correctional & Rehabilitation Facilities, and Research & Development Facilities.
Reporting to the Construction Manager or Project Manager, this is a site based position that interacts directly with the General Contractor. This role ensures that the scope of work is followed as per the clients specifications on schedule, with quality craftsmanship, and safely. Other responsibilities include reading construction drawings, and a working knowledge of local codes and regulations.
- Possess technical competence, skill and knowledge of the construction industry
- Understand Contract Documents including Drawings, Specifications and Contracts and provide technical assistance and recommendations for action
- Conduct efficient Meetings, prepare and distribute Meeting Minutes
- Conduct necessary Field Investigations, provide Field Inspections, prepare concise and distribute timely associated Reports
- Receive, review, coordinate, track and process RFI's
- Provide Schedule review and monitoring including suggestions for changes
- Prepare Change Order packages including preparing an independent estimate with final recommendations
- Provide knowledgeable review of contractor Pay Application and provide recommendations with associated paperwork
- Demonstrate the ability to make decisions and provide recommendations
- Possess a working knowledge of Safety procedures, practices and standards
- Communicate effecting in speaking and writing, including listening
- Build relationships and create teamwork within the company, and the project team
- This position has supervisory responsibility over a region or global office
- Bachelors of Science in Engineering, Construction Management, Architecture or equivalent experience is required
- 10 or more years of site inspection experience required
- Certificate in discipline field is preferred
- Strong computer software skills within the Microsoft Suite of tools (specifically Excel, Word, Outlook) and Adobe Acrobat is required
- Knowledge of general photography preferred
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.