Senior River Engineer - Warrington, UK
This is an excellent opportunity to work on CH2M's WEM framework contract, the role focuses on reducing the risk of river and coastal flooding, as well as securing social and environmental improvements across England and Wales.
We are seeking a Senior Civil Engineer / River Engineer to work on our EA WEM programme in the North of England. The position is focused on supporting the project manager and being the main link with the junior resources helping drive the solution identification and initial design development. As well as technical input, the role requires delivery of the project through all phases of project planning, execution, and closeout, consequently we are seeking candidates with an appreciation of cost / risk management, scheduling and stakeholder management.
Ideally you will be an Engineer with experience gained on river / flood alleviation schemes, you will have experience of package management and the ability to lead multi-disciplinary teams, you will be motivated and proactive and have the desire to develop and improve your skills. Prior experience of working on Environment Agency projects is considered a strong advantage.
Specific duties include:
- Package management and realisation (efficient and timely completion of project tasks in accordance with requirements specified in the contract documents).
- Delivering packages of work within budget and work schedule, efficient flow of documents, contacts and cooperation with subcontractors.
- Delivery of the project through all phases of project planning, execution, and closeout.
- Participation and sub-leadership of multi-disciplinary teams driving solution development to the satisfaction of the client and stakeholders.
- Cooperation with commercial manager and technical team.
- Completion of the scope of work to the satisfaction of the client, while simultaneously ensuring that CH2M's HS&E, quality, financial, risk management, business and policy expectations are met.
- Involvement in bidding and client management.
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
- Bachelor's degree in applicable discipline (Civil Engineer / Water Engineering and Management or equivalent).
- Chartered or approaching Chartered status (with the ICE or CIWEM).
- Experience with scheduling (i.e. Primavera, MS project etc.) and program control systems.
- Familiar with established project delivery processes to meet the scope, schedule, budget and other specified requirements stated in the contract.
- Ability to visualise solutions to ensure that holistically complete solutions are developed, taking into full account health, safety and environment in all project phases.
- Participation in projects funded by the UK Environment Agency.
- Sales experience in the water market.
- Proven experience of producing accurate technical outputs.
Our Culture: Safety & health conscious, flexible working conditions, collaborative & friendly with regular social activities. We're full of initiatives for creating a diverse and interesting place for professionals to work, as well as individuals wanting to advance their career. We support and encourage our people to go through their professional qualifications. To get ahead we also have our JUMP network for aspiring junior to mid-level CH2Mers.
Our CH2M Foundation are renowned for supporting and helping to nurture sustainable communities. We partner 'Engineers without Borders', 'Water for People' and 'Bridges to Prosperity'. We're STEM ambassadors. We promote WISE (Women in Science & Engineering), we also have our own women's engineering network to promote equality in our industry.
Take a look around our site to see some of the iconic projects we are involved in all around the world! Soon you could be part of award winning CH2M.
Developing People through Challenging Projects. CH2M is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This role is only open to applicants able to accept local employment contract conditions and not expatriate employment terms. Please note that this role is only considering applications with valid working rights for the UK, CH2M will not sponsor an employment visa to fill this position.
Job Location CH2M, WarringtonWarrington, GB
View on Google maps