Associate Project Manager (Infrastructure) - Bristol or Cardiff, UK
Working together with our clients, CH2M tackles the challenges affecting economic growth to create vibrant cities, towns and communities where people want to live, work and play.
We know that competitive cities draw talented people, attract investment, foster new businesses, provide jobs and create fresh social and economic opportunities for everyone. From master planning a new "smart" city to revitalizing the core infrastructure, we're dedicated to imagining and delivering innovative, yet practical solutions for urban challenges. We help city leaders build healthy, functional communities where people can raise families, connect with neighbours, pursue careers and enjoy fulfilling lives.
We are now looking for a Project Manager to be based out of either our Bristol or Cardiff offices to help us to deliver our growing portfolio of Urban Development & Regeneration sector projects for our clients.
Working from within CH2M and client office environments and reporting day to day to our Project Director, your Key Duties & Responsibilities will include:
• Safe, secure, timely and cost effective delivery of client projects meeting business and environmental objectives.
• Development of underpinning engineering design
• Associated technology optioneering and trials
• Evaluation and overall maturity development of engineering design & technology solutions
• Management of commercial elements of project delivery
• Bids, extensions and enquiries
• Business cases preparation and presentation
• Development of detailed design briefs
• Stakeholder mapping exercises and development of communication strategies
• Risk Workshops, mitigation/ management strategies and escalation processes
• Procurement - tendering and negotiation processes
• Design process and leading a design team
• Contract management of consultants and contractors
• Project budgets-reporting on cash flow and variations
• Ensure clarity of identification, definition and specification of programmes and projects ensuring alignment with client business needs and context.
• Application of appropriate programme and project delivery strategies and commercial vehicles, which will secure a successful business outcome.
• Ensuring appropriate services to the project are delivered through technical, engineering, project controls, commercial, financial support functions.
• Ensuring Quality, Environmental project control and Safety documentation
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
To be considered for this role you will be a highly motivated outcome-driven individual with a proven track record of successful multi-disciplinary infrastructure project delivery. You will have had a significant grounding in engineering planning and design for large scale infrastructure or regeneration projects. This will include some technical design expertise.
• MEng, BEng or BSc degree in an engineering or related scientific subject is essential
• Accredited professional qualifications in engineering or project management are desirable
• Planning, design and project management for large-scale infrastructure or regeneration projects working within a design consultancy and/or client environment.
• Ability to effectively lead project design and delivery teams that are multi-disciplinary and multi-organisational.
• Well-developed stakeholder management skills and the ability to build consensus, mitigate conflict and deliver collaborative outcomes for the benefit for all partners.
The role will be based out of either our Bristol or Cardiff offices with considerable time spent working out of our local client offices. However travel throughout the UK is also expected from time to time.
Our Culture : Safety & health conscious, flexible working conditions, collaborative & friendly with regular social activities. We're full of initiatives for creating a diverse and interesting place for professionals to work, as well as individuals wanting to advance their career. We support and encourage our people to go through their professional qualifications. To get ahead we also have our JUMP network for aspiring junior to mid-level ***CH2Mers.
Our CH2M Foundation are renowned for supporting and helping to nurture sustainable communities. We partner 'Engineers without Borders', 'Water for People' and 'Bridges to Prosperity'. We're STEM ambassadors. We promote WISE (Women in Science & Engineering), we also have our own women's engineering network to promote equality in our industry.
Take a look around our site to see some of the iconic projects we are involved in all around the world! Soon you could be part of award winning CH2M.
Please note that for this role we are only considering applications from candidates with valid working rights for the UK. CH2M will not sponsor an employment visa to fill this position.
Job Location CH2M, BristolBristol, GB
View on Google maps