Senior/Principal Flood Risk Modeller - Swindon/ UK wide
CH2M are seeking a self-motivated and experienced flood risk modeller to lead on hydraulic modelling projects in the UK.
Whilst the post would ideally be based in Swindon, we will consider other CH2M South of England offices as alternative locations for exceptional candidates.
You will be working on a range of flood risk projects that make a difference to local communities and the environment, serving a range of public and private sector clients including regulators, local authorities, water utility and strategic construction companies. There will also be the opportunity to apply your hydraulics skills to closed and mixed systems including water treatment works and pipeline transients.
You will be joining the No.1 deliverer of flood risk management services in the UK, working as part of an integrated, forward thinking and highly skilled team with the opportunity to learn from and assist key industry experts.
You will be involved at a senior technical level in projects and research in the UK and throughout the global CH2M family.
The principal function of this position is to:
• Provide technical governance in hydraulic modelling, ensuring models meet the needs of clients.
• Nurture, stretch and develop the technical skills of more junior colleagues.
• Identify and deliver technical innovation in order to improve efficiency of delivery, ensure effective dissemination of latest methodologies and tools.
• Take a leadership role in ensuring modelling project deliverables meet clients' needs.
• Take a proactive approach to managing the client relationship, clarifying expectations/success criteria in order to promote their satisfaction.
• Support delivery teams to communicate modelling outputs to internal and external clients through verbal and written communications.
• The candidates will report to their local Team Leader but form strong collaborative relationship with co-located and remote synergy skills areas.
• This is a key role in ensuring technical governance on hydraulic modelling projects.
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
• Demonstrably technical expertise in 1d and 2d modelling (you have to have worked with Flood Modeller, TUFLOW) and the application of industry standard GIS software.
• Knowledge and understanding of hydraulic behaviour around structures and how to replicate these in modelling software.
• Preferably experience of assessing/modelling the hydraulics of mixed and closed systems.
• Experience in reviewing models, including recommendations for overcoming problems.
• Commercial awareness and evidence of ability to deliver modelling projects and bids to time and budget.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Bachelor degree (or equivalent) in civil engineering or environmental/earth sciences.
• M.Sc./Ph.D in relevant technical areas will be an advantage.
• Chartered with appropriate recognised institution.
• Flexible approach to respond to changing market requirements.
• Commercial awareness and evidence of ability to deliver modelling projects to time and budget.
Our Culture: Safety & health conscious, flexible working conditions, collaborative & friendly with regular social activities. We're full of initiatives for creating a diverse and interesting place for professionals to work, as well as individuals wanting to advance their career. We support and encourage our people to go through their professional qualifications. To get ahead we also have our JUMP network for aspiring junior to mid-level ***CH2Mers.
Our CH2M Foundation are renowned for supporting and helping to nurture sustainable communities. We partner 'Engineers without Borders', 'Water for People' and 'Bridges to Prosperity'. We're STEM ambassadors. We promote WISE (Women in Science & Engineering), we also have our own women's engineering network to promote equality in our industry.
Take a look around our site to see some of the iconic projects we are involved in all around the world! Soon you could be part of award winning CH2M.
Please note that for this role we are only considering applications from candidates with valid working rights for the UK. CH2M will not sponsor an employment visa to fill this position.
Job Location CH2M, SwindonSwindon, GB
View on Google maps