Civil Engineer (Flood Risk) - Warrington, UK
2 days left
- Full Time
CH2M would like to recruit a Civil Engineer to work on our water projects from our Warrington office.
The requirement for this role is based on a framework with a four year term (with the option to extend for a further two years) and focuses on reducing the risk of river and coastal flooding, as well as securing social and environmental improvements across England and Wales.
The successful candidate will work on the EA WEM programme of works in the North West and provide support to the North East and Midlands regions. The position is focused on supporting the project manager and being the main link with the junior resources helping drive the solution identification and initial design development.
Will work under the direction and mentorship of the assigned Project Manager(s). As the Package Manager works closely with Project Manager and Business Group project delivery leadership or other senior project managers/ operations leaders who provide oversight and mentoring.
Specific duties include:
• Cooperation with commercial manager and technical team.
• Scheduling (i.e. Primavera, MS project etc.) and program control systems.
• Delivery of the project through all phases of project planning, execution, and closeout.
• Become familiar with established project delivery processes to meet the scope, schedule, budget and other specified requirements stated in the contract.
• Be able to visualise solutions to ensure that holistically complete solutions are developed, taking into full account health, safety and environment in all project phases.
• Complete the scope of work to the satisfaction of the client, while simultaneously ensuring that CH2M's HS&E, quality, financial, risk management, business and policy expectations are met.
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
• Bachelor's degree in applicable discipline or equivalent experience e.g. Water Engineering and Management.
• Demonstrable relevant experience preferred, e.g.: package management and realisation (efficient and timely completion of project tasks in accordance with requirements specified in the contract documents) of appropriate packages of work within budget and work schedule, efficient flow of documents, contacts and cooperation with subcontractors.
• Participation and sub-leadership of multi-disciplinary teams driving solution development to the satisfaction of the client and stakeholders.
• Participation in projects funded by the UK Environment Agency.
• Sales experience in the water market.
This role is only open to applicants able to accept local employment contract conditions and not expatriate employment terms. Please note that this role is only considering applications with valid working rights for the UK, CH2M will not sponsor an employment visa to fill this position.
At CH2M, the greatest challenges provide the biggest rewards. Each day, your drive and creative ideas will be providing solutions that help build a better tomorrow. Whether it is the pride that comes with accomplishment, personal growth or making a difference in the world, you will discover true success in a career that brings out the best in you at CH2M. Ready? Let's get to work.
Developing People through Challenging Projects. CH2M is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Location CH2M, WarringtonWarrington, GB
View on Google maps