Senior Water Conveyance Engineer/Project Manager - Cleveland, OH US
The challenge? Serve as engineer of record, task lead, or project manager for a range of conveyance, watershed, regulatory compliance and documentation, and river system engineering, planning, and construction projects.
Provide support to Cleveland staff to grow and maintain key client relationships, position for project opportunities, and prepare successful proposals. Support our Cleveland office and provide primarily public sector surface water and conveyance client services. Successful candidate will assist with delivering projects and serving and developing clients. Responsibilities include the following: direct communications with clients and project managers on technical design topics and task or small project schedule/budget/scope; leading task and small project teams and communicating between diverse design disciplines; developing, staffing, and coordinating effective quality management processes for each task or small project; establishing long-term client relationships and supporting business development activities. Candidates should be self-motivated, detailed oriented, quality driven, team-focused.
Our Senior Conveyance Engineer/ Project Managers:
- Have a strong technical background in evaluation, design and construction of wastewater collection and discharge pipe and pump systems.
- Have a solid understanding of the engineering fundamentals related to geotechnical design and conveyance of wastewater, stormwater, and water in pipe networks, pump design, hydraulics and modeling.
- Have strong communication skills specifically related to writing and presentations.
- Have extensive experience and success working with clients.
- Manage and design conveyance and storage project elements.
- Understand, edit and coordinate project specifications and drawings.
- Lead and manage the project team through all phases of project planning, execution, and closeout, consistent with established project delivery processes to the meet the scope, schedule, budget and other specified requirements stated in the contract.
- Complete the scope of work to the satisfaction of the client, while simultaneously ensuring that CH2M's HS&E, quality, financial, risk management; business and policy expectations are met.
- May play a role in the business development activities leading to the award of the contract. This could include client relationship development, project-specific positioning activities, proposal preparation, orals presentation, and contract negotiation consistent with established business development processes
- Assist or lead the investigation and review of technologies, equipment, and decision analysis.
- Perform sophisticated and complicated designs and calculations in accordance with established standards and software.
- Perform hydrologic, hydraulic, and systems analysis modeling of built and natural facilities
- Document results of evaluations and analyses in written reports.
- Supervise, train, and mentor less experienced staff engineers and designers.
- Support procurement including supplier qualifications, bid reviews, design requirements, review of design drawings and supplier documents, successful resolution of manufacturing discrepancies, support for installation, generation of as-built drawings, and onsite support
- Participate in development of engineering studies and cost estimates
- Participate in construction support activities including responses to requests for information (RFIs), submittal reviews, construction site visits, and design revisions/ management of change, startup and commissioning and trouble-shooting.
- Prepare detail design milestones and schedules, staffing schedules and man-hour estimates, and budget management.
- Prepare and/or supervise engineering reports, studies, calculations and checks drawings.
- Participate in design reviews, risk assessments, and vendor bid evaluations.
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
- Bachelor's degree in Geotechnical or Civil Engineering or a related engineering discipline
- 15-20 years' experience in geotechnical engineering
- Experience as the Engineer of Record on wastewater conveyance designs (small to very large diameter tunnels.
- Experience leading and managing task or small to large project teams on consulting projects and other conveyance projects similar in scope.
- Adept at interpersonal relationship building, conflict resolution, and leading diverse teams
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
- Master's degree in Geotechnical or Civil Engineering or a related engineering discipline
- Experience in serving clients involving a wide variety of planning, consulting, and design and construction services.
- Experience working closely with clients and developing work opportunities
- Current Licensed Professional Engineer in Ohio, or ability to obtain within 6 months
- Relocation assistance or expenses reimbursement will not be provided.
- CH2M will not sponsor an employment visa (e.g., H-1B visa, etc) to fill this position. Local candidates preferred.
CH2M is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language .
Job Location CH2M, ClevelandCleveland, OH US
View on Google maps